“fabulous italian specialty bakery and cafe”
Review of La Casa Del Pane

La Casa Del Pane
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 October 2017

What a wonderful pastry and sandwich Italian specialty shop! I went six times for fabulous coffee drinks and baked goods. Must try the 'lobster cream' pastry. shaped like a lobster in shell and stuffed with a custard cream a bit like canolli, but not as rich. It's a family owned business and deserves its popularity.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I was very surprised by the selection and quality of the baked goods that they offer. Fresh baked daily bread with no preservatives. Simply tasty. And their pastry offerings are amazing as well. Also, if you love anchovies, they have fresh anchovies that are perfection. They also have a moderate selection of deli stuff, wines, cheeses etc. Friendly staff. I will be coming back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Can't go wrong at this place. Attentive owner, great food, and deli/store full of delights from Italy. Stopped in near noon and my wife ordered breakfast and lunch for me. Food was fresh and full of flavor. Perfect cup of coffee. Display cases full of tempting desserts. Picked up some pasta and sauces to say thank you to couples taking care of our home & pets.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

The first time we visited, I wondered if we had stepped off St. Pete Beach and somehow been transported to the Italian Riviera. The staff and clientele were speaking Italian, with a group of regulars sipping their espressos at the counter while having friendly arguments about sports and the news. We sat as well and were welcomed. That coffee was excellent, accompanied by even more memorable pastry. The lobster tail? I have no words. I'm stunned into silence just remembering it. We've returned several times for excellent breakfast and lunch. Whenever we visit St. Pete, it's a place we must return.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I ordered the small house special sandwich on a Friday afternoon under an hour before they were to close. I got a negative vibe from the lady who took my order. She prepared my sandwich promptly and I got it to go (there are some small tables inside). It was a fine sandwich, but none of the ingredients had a bold flavor. The bread was a little chewy. I was only able to eat half; the small size sandwich was still a good sized portion.