All reviewsrooftop barwine hourpool bartenderrain showerboutique hotelmichael fabianbeautiful hotelvalet staffbeach accesspete beachpool areathin wallsking suitegulf blvdlounge chairswatch the sunsetlive music
Reviewed 10 August 2018

When I went to check out, I was informed that my bill (excluding the room) was 481. To my shock because I knew we didn't consume that much. Turned out that they had overcharged me 150. Then, I discover that they had already withdrawn the 481 and would only get reimbursed the 150 in several days ! Terrible accounting !

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Lucy W, Director of Outlets at The Hotel Zamora, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Hotel Zamora. We are very sorry to hear about this accounting error and we can assure that it will be remedied as soon as possible. It is our passion to provide you with a superior experience and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Friend saw a review in local magazine and we decided to give it a try for a weekend. It is only 4 yrs old so things are pretty new and I thought the decor was tasteful. Valet parking was obtained thru our travel agent. Valet parking was pretty hectic at times (especially at checkout) but the kids were trying hard to keep things moving. Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating and really helped us at checkout. Food at Castile was good, no complaints from our party and the restaurant staff were very nice. Enjoyed the rooftop bar on Fri & Sat. Service and selection was good. Music both days was also enjoyable. All in all a good stay.

As to price point yeah it's over what we normally pay but it's a boutique hotel, not a chain. Would we stay there again? I would do it.

Room Tip: water views are available. be sure to ask.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at The Hotel Zamora. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service from our amazing staff and overall restaurant experience. Thank you for your feedback on the valet and hotel pricing. It is our passion to provide you with the highest quality product and service and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience. Stay tuned for upcoming rooms packages and daily restaurant specials (especially for locals). We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Really nice location, canal behind with Manatees in and canoes you can borrow. Then a beach in front. Nice pool and lovely roof bar with sea views. All in all very good. Nearby places to eat as well and Fort De Soto well worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at The Hotel Zamora! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful views and hotel amenities. It is our passion to provide you with a superior hotel experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I don't know how this is considered a four star hotel. The amenities must have skated by the requirements because everything from the staff to the room was disappointing with a capital D.
To start, why MUST you valet park your car when theres a million open spots in the garage? I know it's included, but I find the option taken away being annoying. I never had cash, therefore can never tip. I hate that.
Checkin was weird as ever- no hotel keys. Was told it was a new system, but honestly it didn't seem like anyone knew what was going on. In casual conversation I asked how long our escort to our room had been working there and when she confirmed only a few weeks my first thought was the turnover rate must be bad here. So, we were literally escorted to our room to be let in and she was about to walk away without even telling me when I can expect a key, but I quickly inquired and she replies, oh I'm not sure but we'll let you know. ??? okay. They did not let me know and I ended up going to the front desk to finally get one.
The bathroom pictures online are what sold me on this place and thank goodness the bathtub was alright (albeit facing the wall and not even the TV in the room but whatever). I couldn't help but find the dings and scratches all along the walls throughout the room to be laziness and really diminishes the image of the room. Why wouldn't those easy things be fixed? This was a king, "water spa" room on the water. You'd think at least those rooms would have a little more attention paid to them. There's no fan in the room, no coffee or tea (only available downstairs), the refrigerator was BARELY lukewarm-gross, little micro ants crawling on the bathroom floor, the shower had no pressure and didn't look like the spout had been cleaned because it was so clogged, no recycling (hello, we're on the beach in Florida they're usually everywhere), not even a pen or paper pad in the room. Basic items. No room menu or information book about the hotel or the area. I had to call for a room service menu which was brought up to us on a printed piece of copy paper, literally. No dessert options(what?). The rooftop bar was nothing to speak of, seemed hastily designed, and the bartender was one of the most unfriendly/ unwelcoming people we've come across. Drinks were way overpriced and barely had a shot in them.
At night, we continued to feel a crazy strong vibration against the whole side of the outside wall. The headboard was even humming. We were in a corner room and even still all we could hear aside from the vibrating were our neighbors doors slamming shut. It's not even their fault, the doors are just ridiculously loud. If I hadn't had drinks earlier in the day my sleep would have been non existent.
We even received a rude call about a smoke complaint and a "reminder" about charging for that! Can you believe that? I've never had a call about people complaining and there was literally no smoke in our area that we could smell.
One of the most bizarre experiences was when we went down to get beach towels in the morning and walk across the street to the beach, we were told at first that he didn't know, and someone else was sought out only to tell us that they don't to "beach setups" till 9am? So we didn't get towels or even directions to the beach. We went down a trail that was probably a private access but who knows.
Anyway, don't stay here. The views are nothing to speak of and the service overall was one of the worst we've had. Un-attentive, aloof, weird stares but no hellos, just all around awkward. We've stayed in hotels that range anywhere from 3-5 stars and have had way better interactions at lower quality hotels.
I will say there was one gentleman and super friendly staff member whom we ran into the elevator twice, and he was the only one who seemed like he had any hospitality experience what so ever. He was also the only one rushing around actually seeming busy. Sadly though, he's not worth booking a room at this hotel. Ever.

Room Tip: don't do it, it's not worth it, whatever you think you're getting
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W

Dear Gwen37,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Zamora. This detailed feedback is extremely valuable to us so that we may continue to improve our guests' experience. The new hotel management is dedicated to providing the highest quality product and service. Please contact me at the email address below when you plan your next visit. We look forward to the chance to host you again and provide you with the memorable and positive experience that you expected.

Lucy Watkins
Director of Outlets
lucy.watkins@thehotelzamora.com

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on reviews and my experience was anything but 4 or 5 stars. I've never written a bad review but feel it's necessary for $650 for 2 nights which equates to about 36 hours and was absolutely NOT worth it. For starters they ran out of tea bags. Regular black tazo tea....but had plenty of alcohol (I don't drink). My shower head was directly aimed at my face so either I was getting sprayed with water or was freezing while it aimed at the wall. The room was handicapped accessible. I didnt ask for that. The sink water is hooked up incorrectly, hot should be to the left and cold to the right, even as its labeled....not this time I nearly singed off my chin when going in for a rinse after brushing my teeth. The doors slam so loud from the neighboring rooms that you'll be woken up all night by your neighbor if they aren't courteous to not let it slam...not to mention the other noises I heard both nights at 345am! $35 resort fee for beach towels and chairs....except they ran out of towels on Saturday. There is no hot water anywhere in the hotel for tea or coffee unless you request a keurig maker....who knew since they don't tell you and if you get a keurig your option is tap water or $7 bottled water to us to actually make the coffee or tea? The pool is nice except they serve food and allow guests to eat along the edge of the pool? Gross. A guy was literally walking around In the water of the pool eating chicken wings! I'm certain some of the food ends up in the pool, not to mention where is he washing his hands ....you guessed it. In the pool! He was one of about 8 people eating in it. If you don't want to sit in the sun too bad both umbrellas were broken. There is something wrong with the wifi, myself and my friends could not connect to the Wi-Fi or get cell service Anywhere in the hotel! So you ask why am I writing on here and not complaining at the hotel???? Well because upon check out the girl didn't bother asking "how was your stay". I will never stay there again nor will i recommend anyone else stay there. I've had better service at the holiday inn express for 100$ per night. I will complain where I can because it was an absolute rip off. If someone from hotel Zamora reads this my room was under Nicole LaBianca.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicolern1983

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Zamora. This detailed feedback is extremely valuable to us so that we may continue to improve our guests' experience. The new hotel management is dedicated to providing the highest quality product and service and we will use your review to change our policies for the better. Please contact me at the email address below when you plan your next visit. We look forward to the chance to host you again and provide you with the memorable and positive experience that you expected.

Lucy Watkins