“Delicious snapper ”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the fresh snapper served with rice and curry sauce with a mango chutney. It came with a house salad and flatbread with red pepper hummus.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is my first review on Tripadvisor but it absolutely HAD to be done. And apologies for the length in advance.
Let me start by saying that I am the parent of a 10 year old with food allergies (egg and soy). So dining out is difficult to say the least. That is the context.
First, the food is amazing. My family has been there several times and none of us have EVER gotten a meal that we weren't thrilled with. I could go on and on about the food but that isn't the main point I want to make.
The real reason for this review is the service that we received from Patrick our waiter (who ironically we later discovered was also the manager). As I said, my son has food allergies so we often start the meal by laying out what the issues are. You would be shocked how many restaurants take a very lazy attitude toward these concerns. Often we hear "he should be fine eating (insert food here)". Ummm, no, he *should* survive his dining experience isn't acceptable. At any rate upon relating to Patrick the allergies and what my son would like (zucchini sticks appetizer and salmon entree, yeah we have a weird 10 year old) Patrick began rattling off the ingredients...from memory. Ok that's impressive. But not only that, Patrick returned with the appetizers that the rest of my family had ordered (6 plates) and began going over each and every dish, explaining what my son could sample, what he should avoid...and WHY. He also explained that he had double checked EVERYTHING with chef. Now this would have been appreciated enough (rarely if ever do we get THAT kind of attention) but this is all during a SLAMMED dinner service when Patrick was also juggling (quite well) complicated drink orders from 6 young men seated behind us and 3 families seated around. He was NEVER frazzled, never short, and was happy to explain anything that any of us at any table asked. After the delicious meal he was Johnny on the spot with boxes and took great care to box up all of the foods that were safe for my son together so that he could enjoy the leftovers without fear of cross contamination. As an aside Patrick was also present two days later when we ordered carry out for my son. When he saw me picking up the bags Patrick made sure to walk by and say hello and make sure that I had everything I needed...while simultaneously holding a large tray of drinks.
I know this is something of a diatribe but I'd like to let people know not just that this place has amazing food (they really do, just check the other reviews), but they have absolutely first class service. I cannot stress enough the great experience that my family had. My only regrets are that 1) we can't live down there to eat at Snappers more often and 2) federal law prohibits the kidnapping and transport of humans (even amazing servers) across state lines.
Thanks Patrick! And thanks Snappers!!

2  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is a MUST GO! The food and service are excellent. We visit every time we are in St Pete Beach. I highly recommend the stuffed grouper, it is one of the finest dishes I have ever eaten at a seafood restaurant. Our server on our most recent visit Amanda, was charming and extremely knowledgeable.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

From the coconut shrimp to the tuna and grouper entree’s...great seafood restaurant. The only option this restaurant doesn’t have is a full liquor license. Beer and wine only.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Date night with my husband included scallops, shrimp, risotto, ribeye, and major deliciousness! Our waiter, Cary, was very attentive and we had great service. The flatbread and brussel sprouts were to die for! Our main course and salads were very very good. We tried the key lime pie with the oreo crust, but wouldn't do that one again. The raspberry sauce on the plate kind of overpowered the pie. However, I'd return in a heartbeat! Great place.