All reviews bay view fishing pier three properties pete beach sister property dog beach the main hotel beach side gulf blvd small kitchenette full kitchen relaxing stay long weekend st pete bayside dolphins robert
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. We traveled with our dog and 3yr old and it was wonderful. They have designated pet areas and a wonderful small resort feel right on the bay. Our son rode his bike behind the resort and it was a perfect area for that! We grilled out, had great views of the bay and was very close to shops and beaches (walk across rd to beach). We seen a manatee, lots of fish and even a couple crabs right outside our door. They have a variety of room sizes and are very accommodating. Paid laundry on premises. We especially appreciated how kind and helpful Adam and Ieva were to us. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Mr & Mrs. Gammon,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving this great review! I'm so glad that Adam and Ieva were able to help you during your stay. We have a great staff and always work hard to make our guests feel right at home. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again soon, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Came with my husband and got a deal through Priceline which was still $110 per night plus the $20 "resort fee". This is not a resort. It's one step up from a motel except that in motels they actually clean your room. Here they won't clean up unless you are here seven days. If you want them to clean sooner they charge an additional fee. Everything is done under the guise that it's a "green" hotel which means they save a lot of green by not paying a cleaning staff. Attached are some pictures since they say it all. The resort did offer for someone to come clean although a day before we had advised of the issue and were sure it would be taken car of. We return from our day out to find the linens and towels outside so we can make the bed and the bathroom still dirty. No one even comes to sweep the floor, it's a beach resort people. There are other places that I'm sure will tidy up at no additional cost. Be advised

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Maria,

First I want to apologize for those pictures. Assuming you found that when you checked in, that's unacceptable. We are often praised for our clean rooms and the work our housekeepers do, so that is not typical of our resort. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our housekeeping policies and price of the resort fee. The resort fee includes parking, unlimited wifi, full access to our beachfront property and all of that hotel's amenities, both pools, use of the fishing pier, mini golf, free social hour with complimentary beer and wine, complimentary coffee, free beach towels/chairs, and so much more. We are considered a boutique resort due to the amenities we offer while still staying small by design in order to better serve our guests. Our Green Initiatives are not just for "saving green" - we are certified under Florida Green Lodging for our many practices that save water, energy and reduces waste throughout the year. The housekeeping policy is just one of the factors in this certification.

Again, I personally apologize for the state of your room and hope that you allow us to make up for this by giving our property another try. We would love to have you back to earn your business.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here as a family they had barbecue grills amenities at three separate locations and one person in particular that made our stay above and beyond any other Resorts that we have went to Justin provided us with the upmost compassionate customer service and made her stay wonderful Justin went above and beyond his job duties to help us all feel comfortable as a family thank you Justin for all that you did to make her stay special

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal H
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Crystal,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us your feedback! I will be passing this review along to Justin to make sure he's recognized for his great work. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments and we hope that you come back and stay with us againinthe future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I spent approximately 2 weeks researching for a place to stay in the St. Pete area from June 16th-19th. My daughter, her dog and her roommate picked us up at the Orlando airport and off we went. FYI, this was my 1st vacation in 14 yrs so I was a little overdo. We arrived about an hour longer than expected due to several accidents and heavy traffic on Fathers Day weekend. A couple of weeks earlier, I had spoken directly with a front desk agent and booked a room at Bayview Plaza because no dogs are allowed at the main hotel. Unfortunately, this person did not notate we had a dog and a room at the Plaza had been reserved for us. They let us stay there for the night and we were moved the next day to the Bayview across the street. What makes this a big deal? Simply, the way the staff handled it. Robert and Brenna were kind and efficient and actually upgraded us to a better room for the inconvenience. The following day, Michael and Justin had us loaded in the propertys' vehicle and drove us across. Justin helped us carry everything up to our room. I also want to mention Austin and Mike S because I'm not sure I've met such patient people ( I can drive you a little crazy). I have worked in hotels through college in the Catskills and for 12 yrs in Atlantic City. I can honestly say I don't think I was ever as gracious and professional as this staff. If you're looking for high end, plush accommodations, this is not your place. However, if you want a clean, pleasant, family friendly motel in the heart of the town, this is it. I'm so happy I chose this motel. Also, the perk of staying at 1 and using the facilities of all 3 properties was wonderful and something we did.
Little tip. I was about to book through TripAdvisor(145.a nite) but had a question. The rate the hotel agent quoted was higher(183.a nite). After emailing a screenshot, the agent gave us $5 off the TripAdvisor rate and waived the $12/nite amenity fee. Always call before you book.
Only slight disappointment was the lights did not come on at night on both docks, only one.

Room tip: Avoid 1st floor if possible. It's a family motel and kids will be kids. It can get noisey
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank X5052NQlucyl
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Lucy,

We're so glad that you found our hotel and chose to stay here after your research! Our staff is trained to make sure everyone books the type of vacation that they want to have a good stay. We're so glad that our staff was able to help you during all the confusion and that everything worked out. We hope you come back and see us again soon! Next time we'll have those lights working on BOTH docks and you'll have another great vacation!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This cozy resort gave us all we wanted to have a short break with our dog. Very clean but modest accommodation. Lots of place for a barbeque or some fishing. If you came in a boat it would be even better!

Date of stay: May 2018

Tasha,

Thank you for staying at our cozy resort! We hope you had a great time and are planning to come back to see us. We offer repeat guest rates as well as weekly specials going on throughout the year. Please come back, we would love to have you!