All reviews bay view fishing pier three properties main office pete beach sister property dog beach the main hotel my home away from home beach side short walk across the street busy road gulf blvd small kitchenette the ground floor relaxing stay easy access to the beach
Reviewed 27 January 2017

We took a quick weekend getaway to St Pete Beach in January, 2107 for my husbands 40th Birthday. We honestly chose Bayview Plaza because of it's reasonable price. Excellent view, quick walk to the beach, clean, comfortable and surrounded by Restaurants and Entertainment within walking distance if you choose. They even have a Blvd Shuttle that will pick you up if you are going further than you wish to walk just for a few dollar tip! Anything you need, they will get it for you or find a way to accommodate you. They have Happy Hour every night in the Conference room. Laundry is available. Towels for the Beach, Putt Putt game, Cornhole game, Chess, a pool on premises. They provide chairs, hammocks on the beach still on the Hotels property. Our son stayed at the Resort on the Bay. Fishing off the docks, boats, etc. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Southwest Side Second Floor Beautiful View - Corner Suite
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2017

The front desk staff; the cleaning ladies; the maintenance people = all were very helpful and engaging.
The HVAC system worked well.
The room is as pictured. It is small but functional.
The dock and sitting area behind the building are great. Sun comes up on the dock.
Room 712’s location was adjacent to the street and a parking area. Therefore, it was noisy (even with the windows closes). There were multiple times that vehicles awakened us as they drove down Gulf Blvd.
The mattresses were not comfortable and in our opinion needed to be replaced.
Overall the stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Away from street
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. We value each guests opinions and take them seriously. There are plans to replace our mattresses during the next few months. I'm glad your overall stay here with us was enjoyable. Hope to see you again!
Robert Czyszczon

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We come back again and again because this place is fabulous and it is so relaxing and friendly. I can't wait to come back again. Great old style Floridian vacation that is clean and has many amenities.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017

We stayed at a Delux One Bedroom Suite on the second floor, which has a large kitchen - eating - living room area, a bedroom with a Queen-size bed and a bathroom as well as a small balcony to the street. It is a kind of a small holiday apartment

What did we like: the cleanliness and furniture of the apartment, and especially the terrace at the back of the hotel, which can be used by all guests. It has a wonderful view over the bay (not the beach), and spectacular sunrises. Wonderful to sit there during the day or evening (it was not warm enough when we were there in January).

To keep in mind: the apartment is not serviced, and we suggested to the administration to make sure that there was equipment for cleaning (broom, mop etc) available in the room. Also, the AC - which we used for heating - was blowing heavily and we did not manage to turn it down. Maybe it needs revision.

The rest all very good, very friendly attention to our requests and nice ambience.

Room Tip: suggest second floor
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I had my entire family staying here to celebrate Christmas with my ninety year old mother when she died suddenly. We had to juggle rooms and do some crazy stuff with the accommodations. Fortunately, the staff was up to it. Poor Sammie had to deal with the fact that I thought my car was stolen when in fact I just left it overnight at my mothers! But she put up with me with humor and sympathy, as did everyone at the desk. I have to thank the entire staff for being so wonderful! Plus, the Waterfront rooms allowed us to have a very cozy, little "neighborhood" to ourselves. I am very fortunate we picked this as our hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. Getting up in the morning to see sunrise is nice.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family