“Don't miss this one, people”
Review of MadFish

MadFish
Ranked #18 of 154 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 32
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mad Fish is a welcoming Seafood and Steak restaurant serving locally caught fresh fish, delicious Oysters and perfectly seared aged Steaks with an exciting range of wine and beer to please every palate. Perfect for a cosy meal with your loved one(s) and also able to cater for larger groups such as rehearsal dinners, please call us now to make your reservation!
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I just returned from dining at Mad Fish this evening. I've been attending a conference at the Tradewinds Island Grand Resort for the past few days, so getting away for a meal was a priority for me tonight. My only regret is that I haven't been dining here every night! The restaurant is an easy walk to the south of Tradewinds, on the same side of the street. At most, it's a quarter of a mile. The restaurant is tastefully refurbished, with simple yet exquisite fish tanks above what appears to be a well-stocked bar. (not a big drinker myself) I ordered the flash fried Brussels sprouts and grouper piccata. The former is topped with onion rings, which at first I thought was strange, but, to echo some of the other reviews, they were the most flavorful onion rings I think I've ever had. And the Brussels sprouts were delicious, too. The grouper was cooked perfectly, as was the angel hair pasta that accompanied it. I had the early bird special, which came with a small slice of key lime pie- a good thing because I was fairly full by then. (forgot to mention they also provided bread with a light, tasty olive tapenade) Overall, the food was great and the service was EXCELLENT. Just a fabulous staff. The restaurant was shockingly not crowded (why anyone would go anywhere else in the area is beyond me), but I have a feeling the service would have been terrific regardless. I lived in NYC for 16 years so I have high standards when it comes to dining out. Mad Fish delivers.

1  Thank waxwingtravels
Mad Fish M, Manager at MadFish, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a great detailed review about your experience at Mad Fish.

Thank you for the feedback about the staff, we try and maintain a happy and consistent staff so its appreciated when its noted.

We look forward to your next dining experience at Mad Fish.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in an old diner, but each foot is used expertly.

Party of 6, were served quickly and well attended. Otherwords Outstanding service - seems to be a trait here in St Pete Beach.

Waiter stated each plate is made to order. So substitute from sudes freely.

My lobster crusted grouper appeared to be 6-8 oz, topping of lobster "dressing" on top was very tasty.

Everyone was super happy with their choices. I was super happy and pleasantly surprised the ceasar salad had a lot of anchovies.

Another great choice for dinner.

Hi Robert and thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.

We are glad that all of your party was super happy with the service and food.

We'll see you next time you visit Mad Fish.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Tried this place years ago and did not like it. Never went back. Heard there was new ownership and that good changes were made. They were right! The place is fantastic!! I'm a vegetarian and found enough in the menu to fill me up! We had 2 appetizers- Brussels sprouts and the fried goat cheese. UHG! So good. For dinner, the Caprese Tower salad was huge and delicious! Bill ordered a shrimp stir fry dish (there was another seafood in there too) over garlic risotto. He said it was incredible. They also gave a few different steaks on the menu that people were raving about. Madfish is a beer and wine only bar. The wine selection is fantastic. Very reasonable prices. Service was great. You can eat at the bar and this is one of the only places on St. Pete that takes reservations. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been in awhile and went with our son. I had forgotten how much I love their salad with the Cuban bread and tapenade. I would go just for that honestly. That salad dressing is heavenly.

The food was just fantastic as it always is. My son loved his steak. My mussels were as fresh as could be. My husband got a chowder that was delicious.

But something was awry in the restroom with a smell of sewer. When you are exposed to a smell for a prolonged period, your olfactory senses no longer notice. It went on long enough to spoil an other great dinner. They could do with a good dusting on the window sills too. In spite of this, I would still go back because the food is that good and they deserve another chance.

2  Thank Toby M
Mad Fish M, Manager at MadFish, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

We are sorry that you experienced an unpleasant smell during your visit. There is an issue in St Pete beach that the city are trying to rectify but its not a quick fix. When we have rapid and heavy rainfall this effects all of the establishments.

We are really glad that you enjoyed all of your food and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Best teasting steak I ever had. As a group we had steak and sea bass both where outstanding The waiter was incredible took pictures for us even got up on a chair for a better angle. The restaurant was within walking distance of our resort and even though the resort had its own restaurant the employees we talked to all recommended Mad Fish for dining. I would go back in a heart beat.

John, you made some excellent choices with dinner at Mad Fish, the sea bass and steaks are top quality. We have plenty more great meat and seafood options so you can have another great dining experience on your next visit.