“Still love this place. Awesome sushi and great service!”

Sumo Sushi Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 February 2015

The staff is always friendly. We stopped for lunch today and ate at the sushi bar. The chef gave us a special appetizer he had created with crab, shimp, and some type of fish. It was just AWESOME!

The sushi dinner I had was fresh and amazing. I have been here at least 10 times and never had a bad experience. I don't know what to think about the bad reviews. Makes me wonder if it's the same place???

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We've been here several times now since they've opened. We always get seating rather quickly and the service and food are great. Not spectacular but very good. They have a wide variety of dishes so everyone in a group can find something they like.

It's one of our go to places since it's close to the house!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I like to go there for lunch. There is usually not a wait and the service is fast.

In my opinion, the menu is pretty large given that it is lunch - several pages of options. I usually get the hibachi lunch for $10.95 and there's enough food for a 2nd meal. It includes soup or salad and white or fried rice. My husband likes the 'bento box' as there is a variety of treats like dumplings, fruit, sushi, etc. included.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We had read mixed reviews but decided to try it anyway and form our own opinion. The hostess was very attentive to greeting us and getting us seated quickly. After ordering drinks and our meal the chef came out and was very into his job and performance. We have gone to other places where the chef sort of going through the motions. Our chef was funny and entertained the children and adults at the table. After tossing food items in our mouths he proceeded to squirt an extended sake shot down our throats. Pretty funny experience not to mention my first taste of sake. Meal was cooked as requested but the only thing I would have changed is to have gotten the vegetables after the fried rice and before the meat. Our chef made it the last thing served. We were also given a complimentary appetizer which was delicious and after the meal we were served a unique presentation of a sliced up orange. I have never gotten that before anywhere else. Another nice thing is they give you noodles inaddition to the fried rice. All in all we had a very nice time and also used a 10% off bill coupon from our local mint magazine. I really felt after experiencing numerous Japanese steakhouses that Sumo provided a unique experience and meal which we will definitely want revisit again in the future.

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I got some sushi to-go from Sumo, and it was extremely fresh tasting. Even though it was packaged as a to-go order, the presentation was beautiful. The portions were a little small for the price though.

1  Thank RetroUltraModern