“Who writes the bad reviews?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 St. Augustine Beach

Super 8 St. Augustine Beach
Sale
“Who writes the bad reviews?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights 5 Sept and 6th Sept 2012. It seems to be a kick motels on trip advisor, currently on road trip in Florida and stayed at the super 8. Wanted to have some beachtime whilst visiting St. Augustine, the oldest preserved town in USA. The visit was really worthwhile in all respects, lotsbto see and loads of history, some of the buildings really beautiful, others really fascinating seeing the way people used to live, work, go to school. The Super 8 itself, our room was queen size very large, spotless, microwave, fridge. bed linen towels again pristine, super start breakfast, cereal, porridge, fruit juices, toast, jams, marmalade, the lady who ran the motel was extremely helpful. Wednesday evenings at present there is a free live group on the beach opposite, can only describe it as a hugebeach party. Trying to find something negative to say but can't, good trip, good basic motel, wish I knew the motives of people writing such untrue reviews, thy help noone..

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was looking for a beach hotel that was clean and affordable. I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room. The super 8 on St. Augustine beach was exactly what I needed. The room was clean, it didn't look new, but also wasn't run down. The rooms were actually much larger than I expected for a low price we paid. The pool was small, but we were a 2 minute walk to the beach, so that didn't matter much. Overall, a good deal for the price. Not luxury, but not a dump.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wlowe
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

They were extremely helpful providing information and suggestions with the various St Augustine attractions. The Beach Bus to Olde City service was great. Hotel is also Pet Friendly and is in a great location.

Room Tip: They are very helpful with providing directions and suggestions to enjoy St. Augustine. Hotel was a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have worked in the hotel industry for 20years+.
I love to stay at hotels and give raving reviews. This time I could not find one thing right...
1) We needed a cab so we called the Front Desk to recommend us one the Answer: :The cab companies are listed in the phone book" and hung up... I called back and asked if he could call up one.. Answer" No you need to call" okay so I was going to let it slide.. But then the room smelled like mold, no towels called down again. I had to go to the lobby and get the towels they forgot to put in the room. So I'm getting annoyed ... The next morning we requested a late check out the answer " It will be an additional $10" I explained I didn't need but 1/2 hr or so. It was still going to be $10. I was flabbergasted.. In all the years Ive been in the industry I have never heard of such a policy. When I checked out I did inform the owner (Female) of my displeasure and her response was. "I'm sorry but the charge is franchise policy" Lucky for me I worked for the franchise so I called the corporate office and they confirmed that "There is no franchise policy of late check out charges: I have one thing to say to the owners.. "EXTORTION"..........

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cfua

Travellers are raving about these Saint Augustine Beach hotels

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My wife and I come to St Augustine Beach about four times each summer, but have never before stayed at a Super 8 hotel. We just checked in tonight and it has been a great experience. The manager Roger and his wife Sue were extremely pleasant and answered all my questions. The room is way above my expectations. It is large and clean and I can now enjoy my three days at the beach. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#9 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,068 reviews
0.9 km away
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach Inn
BEST WESTERN St. Augustine Beach...
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
2.7 km away
St Augustine Island Inn
St Augustine Island Inn
#49 of 79 in St. Augustine

Been to Super 8 St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK