All reviews historic district front desk ponce de leon old jail fountain of youth king suite convenient location red train beds were comfortable short drive vilano beach chantel inns augustine downtown trolley attractions
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We regularly stay at Hampton Inn. Always clean, great morning meal, attentive staff and near the sights of the city. This hotel is very close to many of the attractions of St. Augustine and the beaches. Also very handy to the shuttles available for viewing the Ancient City.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JasonSimballa, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Do not call the front desk after 8 pm and ask for help because your flight was cancelled, they are not interested. I have stayed here before and it is in a good location but I sincerely doubt I will ever sya here again as the employees are totally unsympathetic.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JasonSimballa, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Allison, I am sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced with your airline. Traveling can be stressful. If you have the time and are willing to do so, please reach out to me directly at the hotel. I would like to get some more information from you to see if I can assist with any cancellation or no show fees.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We got to the hotel early so our room wasn't ready. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and asked if we wanted to upgrade to a suite at no extra charge. She said the problem was the room faced the street so if we were light sleepers it might be a problem. Well, it wasn't the street that was the problem. It was the air conditioner. It rattled all night long. We must have been really tired because we were still able to sleep. Of course we told them when we checked out. They said they would fix it. If you get room 201 keep that in mind. Otherwise the bed was comfortable and the traffic noice was minimal. We had the breakfast in the hotel and it was good for a free breakfast. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: Be wary of room 201. Make sure they have fixed the air conditioner.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
JasonSimballa, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time share your experience. I am glad to see we were able to upgrade your room to expedite your check in process. The rattling noise in rm 201 had been addressed. It was caused by the ac vent louvers/fins, not the ac unit itself. Thank you for bring that to our attention. Thank you for you kind comments about the staff and quality of our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

When you walk in the hotel smells so clean. Great location. But...... I didn't notice till I was about to take a shower late that night, but there was hair absolutely every where in the bathroom! Which was really nasty. It was on the ceiling in the shower, all around the tub, on the sink & counter, it was even on the wall outside of the shower. There was dust all over the shelves where the towels go. I just sprayed the tub down so I could shower and go to bed because it was so late. Honestly there was no way ANYONE could of missed all of that when the room was inspected. So it was either they just didn't care or the room was never inspected. The maintenance guy Eric was very nice every time we seen him in the hall or outside he smiled and said hello. Other than that I didn't make contact with any other staff due to only being there for 2 days & barely being in the hotel besides to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I will not make excuses, hair in a guestroom is not acceptable. Thank you for sharing your experience. I can assure you this will be addressed. Thank you for your kind comments about Eric, I will be sure to pass them along.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

When visiting the sites in St. Augustine this is the place to stay. Front desk went out of their way to be helpful calling for the “hop on hop off” pick-ups and recommending places to see. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for your comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed the hotel and the surround historic sites. There are many great ways to get around the area without having to battle for a parking space. Be sure to ask a team member about the chauffeured golf cart vendors in the area.