All reviewshistoric districtfront deskponce de leonold jailfountain of youthking suiteconvenient locationred trainbeds were comfortableshort drivevilano beachchantelinnsaugustinedowntowntrolleyattractions
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I agree with reviewers who say this is not in the historical district. Technically it is but the reality is that it's a mile away from 'stuff' and after hoofing it through the historic district a walk back can be a bit much. And parking downtown can be a bear.
But the staff here is above and beyond what you find in a typical Hampton. Very helpful, considerate and accomodating.
Also, be advised that the suites all are in the front the property and this is right on Rt 1 and noisy with vehicle traffic not to mention that a railroad runs directly across the street. If you're a light sleeper you are advised to get a standard room near the back of the property.
All in all though a good stay at a good property.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jtlijnvainashburn
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We did not have a reservation and we felt lucky to have found this hotel with availability on a Friday evening! The manager happened to be at reception and she was kind enough to tell us all about the sites, etc in the area. Her enthusiasm for her town and its sites was contagious! The desk clerk checked us in quickly and efficiently. Our room was spotless! We hope to go back to St. Augustine sometime and enjoy this Hampton Inn for more than one night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank syrnomad
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This is the hotel I frequent while on business. The Manager, Marcy is super and trains her staff well. It's not perfect but it's safe, comfortable and friendly. Thats a huge value to me!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
marcellad, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank You Training girl,, I really appericate your comments as well do my staff. I believe that a well trained staff can make all the difference. We all here at the Hampton Inn Historic strive to give the best we can 100% of the time. Once again, thank you for your patronage and your lovely comments.
Marcy Deering, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is not near the St. Augustine historic district as we had hoped. We discovered this when we checked in. The front desk was helpful and checked with the nearby Hilton but we decided to stay at the Hampton. There is public parking near the historic area ($4 for 4 hours) and that worked fine for us. Because we are hhonors we were upgraded to a sutie that had lots of room but no desk for our computer, chargers, etc.. The hotel is older and their facilities are showing wear. One of our room keys stopped working and we heard other guests complaining about keys not working. The bathroom sink and floor were not well cleaned but the towels were plentiful and fluffy. The air conditioning was loud and did not cool extremely well. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
marcellad, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Hello Beausmom1, I am sorry your stay was not as close as you would have liked to the "Old Fort" However, I would like you to know that we are indeed in the Historic District, we are only 1 mile from the Castillo De San Marco (otherwise know as the Old Fort). Here in St.Augustine Florida, the Historic District is 2 miles north to south and 1.5 miles east to west we are on the North end we do not post that we are in walking distance because some people can not walk a mile. I did speak to your husband and I did try to get you into the Hilton that is on the Bayfront and is closer to where you wanted to be, I am sorry that they could not accommondate you.
I have also used your comments to have a meeting with the housekeeping staff, to make sure the rooms are the best for each and every guest. Please do come to Saint Augustine, Florida
again in the future.
Marcy Deering, General Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2011

Being a Diamond Hilton Honors member, I have stayed in many Hampton Inns. This is the first one that has its air conditioning unit on a motion detector. At least this is what we were told when we called the front desk to complain about the AC unit not working. It had worked when we first entered the room. But after a little while later, it had stopped. We were told we had to move around the room more for it to work. Does this make sense to anybody??? What about at night when we are sleeping???

Well, we moved around, and still it does not turn on. Finally we called the front desk person again, and he offered to give us a different room close by. We accepted. So we packed up everything that we had just unpacked a few hours before. Then when we opened the door, the AC turned back on. Since we were already packed, we moved to another room. We stayed in that room for 1 minute then left. The room was warm/stale/musty, the AC control panel was blank (at least in the other room it showed us the temp), the phone was dead, and it was missing furniture that our other room had. So we exchanged room keys again and went back to our first room. Since opening of the door activates the AC, we got up about 3 times during the night to open and close the door to trigger the AC, which activates immediately upon the door movement.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalloryGirl
marcellad, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Hello Mallory, My name is Marcy Deering and I am the General Manager I want to apologize for all your frustration. I want you to know that the airconditioner in your room was in fact faulty,I have since had the thermostat fixed. We strive for excellence and I see we failed for you. The air units are senored, however that is so they turn off when the door is ajar. They will function when you are sleeping when the function correctly. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvience, Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything that I can help you with. Thank You for your time.
Marcy Deering, General Manager Hampton Inn Historic, St.Augustine, Florida