1,601 results
All reviews fountain of youth parking lot room was clean trolley stops red train an older hotel old town within walking distance would stay again historic downtown yogurt senator oak augustine attractions rates florida
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We booked this hotel last minute on Saturday of Labor day weekend.
We of course paid a lot, just over five Benjamin Franklins for 2 nights.
As we get there, this place looks worse than a cheap highway motel. Run down, old, the room was icky.
So we cancel and pay 340 in penalties.
Wyndham's off my list of places forever.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mik H
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you Mik H for your valued feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay. We are undergoing a renovation very soon and hopefully you will give us another chance to serve you.
Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed just one night. Served its purpose as a place to stay. Room was clean, breakfast was a variety of items. Eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, fruit. I would stay again. About a 10 min walk from the actual downtown area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you Haleym319 for your valued feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I recently stopped on August 16 at the Howard Johnson,s in St-Augustine. I had checked online, and the room said it was 65$. I was charged 75$ but only noticed after I returned.

The lady at the counter could not understand English or hardly. She said she had hearing problems but it seemed pretty clear that she didn't understand me at all. It wouldn't matter too much but when she confirmed it was 65, it was obvious she did't understand bec. I was charged 10$ more.

The room was truly awful with the floor sticky. The fan reeked of Febreeze (proven to be a formaldehide product, cancer...), which gave me nausea and a headache.

I would not sleep in this room for free!!! I was so exhausted after 10 hour drive, I just slept with my clothes on.

I will NEVER ever stop by there again. I stayed at a H&J in Chicago overnight and it was great, no complains but the one is St_Augustine should be drastically renovated or destroyed. Sorry but it was my worst hotel experience EVER and I've travelled all over the world.

H&J should be ashamed to charge customers there.

Room Tip: Don't go there !!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Katherine O
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you Katherine for your feedback. I think you have left a review for the incorrect Howard Johnson as we do not use any Febreeze in our rooms and also our staff is extremely proficient in English.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed in the suite which was perfect for my family. We had a king size bed in our own seperated room with two double beds in the main room so we all had our space and privacy. The property is kept up and clean and the staff is friendly. Also located closely to Historic District. Will definitley be back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hojo_Manager1235, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy our family suite and also that our staff was friendly and welcoming. Please give us a chance to serve you again when you visit Historic St Augustine.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

As a native of St. Augustine with many friends and family in town, I return for visits pretty regularly. I have a few favorite hotels, all of which were booked for this last visit. Howard Johnson's was formerly known as the Palms and is known for it's majestic Live Oak tree known as "The Senator" The tour trolleys come through their lot all day to showcase the local treasure. I should say that I never stayed at this property before, but gave it a shot. Our room was in a dirty, dimly lit (during the day) partially enclosed corridor that was like a convection oven because of the AC units for the rooms and the Ice and soda machines at the entrance to the hall. the area was dirty and poorly maintained. After dark, the bright lights of the corridor shone through the plastic mini-blinds to make one think the sun was rising. The room seemed clean, however, there was no desk or flat surface to place items during the stay other than the bureau, but then you couldn't see the TV. The bathroom was small, but recently retiled and looked great. It was clean and water pressure was good, but, like the rest of the room, no where to place toiletries, contact lens solutions etc. It was somewhat like camping, which I like, unless I'm not on a camping trip! The bed was comfortable and the room quiet, so it wasn't unlivable. It is a less expensive property for the proximity to downtown, but priced out of it's class for my experience. I used free nights on the booking and a little out of pocket so that eased the pain a bit. We didn't ask for another room, because, like I said, it wasn't unlivable, just not a good value if I had paid full price. Other guests shared similar disappointments, but also didn't push for re-assignment of their room. I expect better of a Wyndham badged property. Conclusion: If you want a bare-bones lower-priced room near downtown, you could do worse, but I won't be back to this property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FyrCapt

Thank you Fyrcapt for your valued feedback. Please accept our since apologies for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Please give us another chance to prove our higher standards.