“Stay Away: I Was Robbed while unloading at my room!”

Days Inn ST. Augustine West
Ranked #66 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Florida Keys, Florida
“Stay Away: I Was Robbed while unloading at my room!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

At 5:30 p.m. Saturday 12/03/2011, while unloading my stay over items and my 2 dogs, at least one man entered my room and stole my purse and fled in a small truck. There were no people in the area when I pulled up, but I had to park a few spaces over from my room. The young man at the front desk told me I had to call the police as he would not. Also he told me the camera did not face the rooms only the parking lot but then told the policeman, that he did not know how to work the camera, because it did indeed face the rooms. Perhaps the front desk people are involved as well? They showed NO concern or help at all. I, myself own a hotel in another county and would never blow off a customer like this. Of course I learned my lesson, but there are way too many other places to stay than to not feel safe. Also they have only flimsey chains on the inside of the door and not a good type of security lock. I don't have as many options traveling with 2 dogs and finding a decent place to stay so by all means AVOID the interstate motels in this area if you can, especially The Days Inn..

Room Tip: STAY AWAY and do not keep your gun and/or phone in your purse while traveling!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank islamelia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Nice location, but the rooms were just acceptable for $50 per night. Had problems with water temp in shower going from hot to cold at will.

The room had a microwave and small fridge.

Will be going back to area on Christmas Eve and will look for a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida, USA\
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had to make an unfortunate trip to St. Augustine for a funeral and made arrangements for a hotel/motel thru Hotwire. We are grateful that we only stayed one nite. Both my husband and my daughter require a handicapped room,the Days Inn had none available. When getting ready in the moring my husband killed a roach above the headboard of the bed...they were not concerned.,

Room Tip: if possible avoid Days Inn and be careful using Hotwire. They however did offer us Hotwire dollars...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Manasquan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Once again, Day's Inn out-did itself with another very nice hotel! Plenty of parking, tractor trailer parking available. Pets accepted with a $10 fee. Quick and efficient check in. There is an IHOP restaurant attached, Wendy's next door, and a huge 75+ store outlet within walking distance. Plenty to do in the area to kill a day. Harley dealership across the street, too. The room was amazing - tiled cloor, spacious, large king bed, TV and channels were all good, fridge and microwave and a coffee maker as well. Desk, chairs - like a small apartment! Very impressed!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I was told on checkin that there were no king sized beds available for my husband and I. And since we had booked online we were committed to the reservation which only "guaranteed the room would sleep the number of travelers" So we ended up in a room on the second floor with 2 double beds. Not a problem. Except that we were in the middle of the hall and during our 2 day stay neither of the 3 rooms with king beds on our floor were occupied. On the second night a large family was placed on either side of our room and began to make excessive noise. We complained and finally after a few hours the noise stopped. Well it began shortly the next morning around 7am and when we complained to the front desk staff (Shane Patel) He informed us we could either call the police to handle it or check out that the hotel would offer us no assistance in the situation, after 3 weeks of calling customer service we finally got a resolution to the case. But as I stated before we would have been better in someone elses roach motel or even our car. The doors werent sealed and water leaked in when it rained and bugs had just as easy access. Kind of gross and a shame that Days Inn is represented this way.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple