All reviews ice maker room was clean deck area belgian waffles parking lot mini fridge and microwave red train fountain of youth nice hotel hotel is located hot tub two nights convenient location close to downtown king bed st shuttle
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I didn't know what to expect when I booked this do to lots of mixed reviews, but this place was great!
It's rated 3 stars, but our room was clean, and they have tiled floors, NO disgusting carpet!!!
Our room had a mini-fridge and microwave, but they served a great free breakfast (if you left hungry, you're picky!!!) with a wonderful host and hostess who prepared your waffles for you. The check in clerk was even helping this morning as they were SO busy...
Great view (next time I'll know to ask for a marsh view), if you don't like trains, this isn't for you... It's right in front of the tracks, which honestly I only heard 1 and I wasn't asleep yet so it didn't matter.
Has a great pool and hot tub (they are doing construction on the deck area, but it wasn't closed- area was blocked off that they were working on).
The only 'bad' things I'd say is it's not walking distance to much (if you have littles or mobility problems) but that can be easily solved by doing one of the trolley tours or driving a few minutes up the road to the parking garage ($15 for the entire day), which is cheaper than a trolley and they don't have a regular ice machine, you have to go to the lobby and get the ice, but was told that SOME rooms do have ice makers in them, so that's a plus.
But if that's ALL I can find to 'complain' about, then WOW!!!
I'll be making this my regular place to stay in St. Augustine from now on. I've never been happier that my regular hotel has been booked (saved me lots of money too).

Room Tip: If you DON'T like noise, get a room on the front, this hotel IS located by the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Ponce St. Augustine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Star,
What a wonderful and thoughtful review to read! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your detailed feedback. It warms our hearts to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at The Ponce St. Augustine Hotel during your recent visit. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who have nice things to say about our kind and helpful staff, and we will be sure to commend our team for the hard work they are doing. We are glad that you enjoyed our excellent breakfast offerings and clean rooms. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with us, and we are thrilled to hear that you will be coming back!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel was all we hoped for. The rooms were big and delightfully designed. The staff was friendly, very helpful and hard working. The location was excellent for a visit to our first city. We will go back there soon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Ponce St. Augustine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Don,
We appreciate you taking the time to reach out with your wonderful feedback. It makes our day to hear your accommodations at The Ponce St. Augustine Hotel met your expectations. Our ideal location and helpful staff are just a few of the many benefits of staying with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to the city and can't wait to see you again next time!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This is a very clean and excellent run hotel. It's basic but very family friendly and dog friendly! It is right on the train tracks and my kids thought that was part of the attraction. They loved watching the trains go by in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We are a family of 5 with the youngest being 3 moths old. Upon arrival, we noticed the floor was not cleaned. After speaking with the front desk, I was told they will clean the floor the next day because she was the only one there. House keeping cleaned the sink and the toilet with the same rag (god knows how many times she used the same rag). The mattresses were horrible and the springs dug into my back. The AC would make a squeaking noise that sounded like a door opening. This place felt more like a motel. The only positive thing it had was it’s location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The Ponce was family friendly and clean. The pool area and hot tub provided lots of fun for the all. The hot breakfast was nice, though on our stay understaffed. The line for waffles took 1/2/ hour due to only one lady doing everything. Rooms adequate and clean.

Stayed: March 2018
marielena s, Guest Relations Manager at The Ponce St. Augustine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Cindy,
Thankyou for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! We look forward to your stay again! We will also look into the breakfast staffing Thankyou for your feedback in that area.

Hotel Management