“Needs a little more TLC”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Landrum
“Needs a little more TLC”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Some of the staff was great and helpful, others didn't seem to care whether we were there or not. The one and only housekeeper was fabulous. Breakfast was not bad, not that many selections. The little things could have made a big difference. We had to change rooms three times due to bad plumbing and smells. The rooms were outdated and unmaintained, slow plumbing and bathtub stained. Didn't want to go swimming in pool or jacuzzi due to algae and gunk on side walls. We didn't feel comfortable enough to hang around, so we spent most of our time sightseeing.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking to make sure plumbing works. If you are looking for basic amenities, lik...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxanna G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We made a reservation at this hotel in error. We got two rooms with the 4 of us (2 couples). My friends thought this was a place they had stayed before so I didn't even check. We are all surprised when we got here and checked it out. It was just plain NASTY for $100+ a night. It is acreoss the street from the beach and you cannot see it. You have to walk down the street to get to the park for access to the beach. The rooms were nasty, they smelled of disinfectant. The air didn't really work properly, the beds were hard a rocks with sheets that barely fit. I am surprised that a brand would even allow this place to exist. The worst was some very nasty, unclean things went on in our friend's room. When she went down to complain they told her "it isn't what you think it is." However, they sent someone up immediately with bleach and paint!

The breakfast was a joke. We hate a place that claims to have a breakfast and has one broken down toaster with white bread and one waffle maker crammed in the corner. It isn't even worth having. It ran from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. even on the weekend.

Needless to say we will NEVER, EVER recommend or stay at this place again. Like I said it wasn't like it was cheap either. More than $100 for the night which was $50 too much!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pahhobbs

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The word "incompetent" certainly gives the management too much credit. I have never been treated so rudely as I was by the management at this hotel. Initially, the manager tried to give me a rate of $150.00 a night over the phone and I found it for $100.00/nt online. So he started out trying to rip me off. That's just the beginning... My second night I was in the hot tub/pool area with a few other people from other rooms. No one had come to tell us it was after hours, we were all just talking, and the clock in the area read right at 10:00 pm (closing time). When the manager arrived, I figured he was going to tell us it was closing time and ask us to leave. However, he instead started yelling at us! He was asking what room number everyone was in. He singled me out and told me that I needed to leave or he would call the police. He was cursing and yelling, literally the most irrational behavior i have ever seen (wouldn't be surprised if he was intoxicated). No one in the whole group ever raised their voice or did anything but apologize, but he continued that he didn't wan't an apology but he wanted us to leave. I'm from Tennessee and it turned out to be 11 instead of 10 (he forgot to spring his clock forward in the pool area)... I wasn't going to leave, what was I supposed to do, sleep in the car? He called my room to heckle me again that evening, so I finally had to call the police. The police calmed him down, finally. Really...? I intend to do everything I can to make sure as many people hear about this as possible. This hotel is part of choice hotels and their attempt to make things better was to have the crazy manager sign a formed letter and send it to my home. To add to this slap in the face, during check out, his wife said, "well we don't allow anyone in the pool area after 10:00," as if that was what offended me! I don't know if it's stupidity or ignorance that drives this management! Wish I could give them zero stars. I would pay $100 more a night for a place twice as far away from the beach and smile while I did it. Will never use a hotel in the "choice hotels" group again. There is no accountability and no customer service whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wyn G
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The stay at this hotel was terrible and was found to be very short. All of the pictures that are presented on their website are not reflective of the true place to stay. Upon checkin, the customer service was completely rude. When we were given our room it was found to have BUGS and smelled of CHLORINE because it had just been treated for BED BUGS!!! We were extremely taken back and asked for a refund since we hadn't been in the room five minutes and I (being an asthmatic) could not breath, yet the clerk refused and said they would give us a different room, but again the room posed to be DIRTY and had a horrible odor. The whole night was a disaster and the customer service was HORRIBLE all the way around. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE STAY HERE....I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, all that we saw were horrible.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsLRitchie
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way across the USA. We stay mostly in Comfort Inns, Quality Inns, Comfort Suites - and this one was BY FAR the WORST! The beds were old and SO uncomfortable. There was a board sticking out about 2 inches into the space between the beds. It came from under the box springs. It was DANGEROUS and I scraped my leg on it. Walls were paper thin. The person next door sneezes and you hear it all... The whole place is just worn out. For such a beautiful city, this was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple