“Wonderful Chinese Dim Sum!”
Review of Hong Kong Cafe

Hong Kong Cafe
Ranked #240 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 55
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Fantastic Dim Sum! Howard the owner/server was so very helpful! He assisted us in making our dinner choices! Their kimchi is supposedly "world renowned" ....It was really tasty and they even sell it by the quart! Everything we tried was great! The wontons were VERY spicy/hot, but tasty! Garlic shrimps were delish and the gator was so tender...not rubbery or tough like gator usually is!
Fantastic little place with great food!

1  Thank suzyed

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We had passed this place a million times and finally decided to stop it and were glad we did! We ordered 9 menu items and shared between 3 people. Everything was excellent and authentic. The owner was very attentive, almost too attentive but he was nice. The taro buns were amazing!! And the spicy and salted chicken filet bites were my fave. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Gator was fresh and tender, fried rice was best and five flavor spicy wonton was excellent all topped with homemade kimchi place is a physical dump but the owner made up for that with his super hospitality we had a taste of everything and the ones I listed ate our favorites

Reviewed 19 June 2016

We've driven past this place plenty of times on the way to Jax and always meant to stop. Well, we did yesterday. What a great decision. Don't let the location put you off. Great food served with such enthusiasm from the owner/cook Howard. And his lovely daughter Emily too. We ordered a few dim sum and he brought out several little tasters of his other delights .... including his Chinese kimchi which was very good. Suggested fresh mint in our beers .... surprisingly nice. We'll most certainly be back.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

I recently ate there and the food seemed OK while eating. Later that day when I went to bed, I became ill. I am suspecting they used MSG in their food preparation. Also, very greasy spring rolls. I burped up the food all night long after eating lunch at this restaurant.