“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 79 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Ventura, California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Great location, nicely decorated, quaint, not super quiet (only because of the bar downstairs) but my fiance and I - LOVED IT!
Beds were cozy and rooms were clean! What more could you ask for in the oldest city in America? We would DEF recommend to couples, friends, and family. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Meagan D
Mike W, General Manager at The Bella Bay Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2015
We're so glad that you had a wonderful time at our inn! And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests--we appreciate it! We hope to see you again soon! -- Mike & Sandy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ft. lauderdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

The good: nice views, walking distance to shopping and restaurants and many sites, bar downstairs with some dining and 50 beers on tap, parking included (great bonus for the area because finding parking is horrible), small fridge in room, large shower and good sized rooms for the old town area.

The bad: expensive for what was offered. NO on site amenities such as a pool, the "front desk" is the restaurant across the street, shower curtain liner had mold growing on it, dog hair, uneven floors, no front desk/manager to call (you can call the restaurant but no one there knows what the heck is going on with their inn). maid came when we were still getting ready and i asked them to come back. they never did, so our room was not cleaned the whole weekend. also, watch out for the parking attendant--very aggressive with the third degree about who you are, what room you are staying in, and how many people are staying there. we got more "attention" from him than the maid or any hotel management.

The ugly: noise noise noise! the walls are so thin we could hear people talking next door and the bar from downstairs until they closed around 2am. if you are a light sleeper, forget it. the live music from restaurant across the street (the one where you check in, the one which should be aware that they have guests at their inn) literally drowned out our television. when we called about the noise, no manager was there, so the waitress/bartender told us they would leave a message for a manager. i was there with friends, but if i had children on a family vacation, I would have walked out and found a new place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
6 Thank eatsomealmonds
We're glad that you enjoyed our great downtown location. Some of the items that concerned you have been addressed recently--we are now managing Bella Bay. We have a 24 hour front desk (there is a sign showing that number in front of all the rooms), and we are offering more amenities like complimentary breakfast baskets delivered to your room, daily coffee in your rooms, and access to our team of hospitality pros...they'll be happy to help you plan your St. Augustine vacation! We hope you'll come back soon to see the latest improvements. -- Mike and Sandy
speaksecrets
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

Me and my mom live in Tallahassee and we decided spur of the moment to go down to St. Augustine for the weekend. We found the Bella Bay Inn, a lovely little place in the middle of the historic district, and booked a room. The service was wonderful and the price unbeatable (about $100, you'd pay that to stay one night at a regular hotel). The room was lovely. We had a huge bath tub, king size bed (very clean and comfortable), flat screen LCD TV, small fridge, and beautiful furnishings. The view of the bay was unbeatable (we could see the light house). We were a short walk from the cultural center of St. Augustine. We will be returning for our next mini vacation.

• Liked — Great view
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank speaksecrets
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

Went to this place with my best friend for her daughters wedding. Our guest had the entire place, great fun. Some issues with the white room with the reception but the worst was leaving. While we were collecting out things to leave the brides mother and I were called away to another hotel to pick up the bride and grooms clothing. My daughter collected the rest of our things. We left .... After getting home ( 3 hours later ) I realized my daughter didnt take 3 articles of clothing out of a drawer. I called and was told by the person who answered the phone, Yep, we have them right here and described them to me. She told me they will mail them soon.. I did wonder what soon meant but I had no idea 5, almost 6 weeks later no clothes. I made another call 10 days later, girl ( donna ) I spoke with acted like she knew nothing. She called back to say " oh, we just went to the room and found them in the drawer" ? so now, they know nothing and JUST found them. Ok so then she got really hateful telling me they would not mail them to have fed ex pick them up. After a few calls and she was suppose to have a mgr call me I just gave up with that on. I asked for the name of the owner and was told , only mgr. No one called back ( there is a surprise ) for 5 days . A manager called back day 5 to day hey we got them and we will send them this way or that way no problem...... very nice girl. However, they did not come so 7 days later I called again and asked for the tracking number.. Oh well I dont know the number the girl who sent them is not here but I will check and have them call you.. NO call and no clothes 2 weeks later.I called today. Julie says no I watched Wend put them in a manilla envelope and took them with her to the post office but she is off today, let me put you on hold to call her. She got back on the phone and she could not reach Wendy but left her a message. I asked for the owner name and address and got it but not so sure that will matter. I know it would have cost this hotel 7 bucks to send my clothes but in the grand scheme of things, is that a lot in comparason to the prices we paid at their hotel or the negative comments customers like us leave to " future customers" Yes, I totally expect it. I would have been more than happy to send a prepaid ups end but the 3rd call I got they were sending them and I made a mistake and took them for their word. I guess people dont put too much faith in " their word " any more. The place was nice, and sure I probably would have stayed there again next time but after this. NOT ON YOUR LIFE>

Stayed July 2008