“A Must!”
Review of Collage Restaurant

Collage Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Collage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: When dining at Collage, be prepared for a first-class, award-winning experience. The menu reflects the eclectic tastes of owners Mike Hyatt and Cindy Stangby and focuses on fresh local seafood, steaks, lamb, and veal, using international flavor profiles. Located just a block off of St. George Street in the heart of the historic district, Collage serves dinner nightly from 5:30 p.m.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a must, but you'll need reservations. I've included the number below. Only open for dinner, this 15 table restaurant is NOT a flip-flop and tee shirt establishment. You should dress appropriately. It's quaint. It's quiet. It's lovely inside. Our reservations were for 6:15 and we were immediately seated. First Lisa was our server, then Victoria. Both were kind. Our drink orders were taken: 3 Malbecs and a Stella. Victoria brought our bread with basil- infused oil and two cloves of roasted garlic to spread on top. We toasted my mother on her 75th birthday. ( little did I know, later they'd bring mom a piece of butter rum cake with a candle on it) For an appetizer, my parents shared the warm goat cheese salad. My husband and I, the Caesar. I paid the $1 extra for anchovies. (I disliked that charge because only three little ones were on my plate) After our salads, a strawberry intermezzo was presented to each of us. It's a sorbet to cleanse your palate before dinner. Dinner was delicious. See below. My husband and I each order the Chef's Grilled Beef Medallions with spinach, mushrooms and gnocchi. The meat was so tender. The flavors worked well together. My mother ordered the Shrimp Imperiale: shrimp and scallops over linguine. She said it was delicious but heavy. My father ordered the baby lamp chops. Everything was so well prepared. Nick, the General Manager, made his way over to our table to say hello. For dessert, my husband and I shared the Creme Brûlée. So good. The entire bill came to $200.

1  Thank MonicaK614

Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you can get reservations this is certainly worth your while !
Both of our entree choices were exceptional .

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It is always an issue when multiple friends recommend a restaurant. This was the case with Collage. First the service was great if not outstanding. The presentation of the food was at best average. Now to the core of the review the food. We had the lobster bisque. Good but interesting since it had cayenne pepper in it and it gave the soup a bit of a kick. The salad was strawberry with gorganzola cheese and pine nuts. Fantastic. For the main course I had the escargots. This was prepared with mushrooms in a puff pastry with a cream sauce. I am a bit of a traditionalist and would have preferred if was prepared in butter and served with French bread. Speaking of the bread it was very good and was accompanied with basil infused olive oil and roasted garlic. Awesome. My wife’s main course was lobster stuffed ravioli that was served with shrimp and a whole main lobster tail. It was very good but I didn’t care for the cream sauce but that’s a matter of preference. The price point was very good and provided excellent value. This restaurant is worthy of a repeat performance.

1  Thank ramango
Reviewed 3 April 2018

A small restaurant in the historic area, Collage offers both an attractive, intimate setting and wonderful food. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable but not intrusive, My mate and I shared an interesting goat cheese salad, which the kitchen graciously split. We then enjoyed separate entrees of succulent lamb chops with sausage and greens, and luscious lobster ravioli in cream sauce, topped with a fresh lobster tail. Although my timid taste buds found the lamb sausage too spicy, the chops were delicious. The lobster dish, however, was the hit of the evening...absolutely superb! Although we skipped dessert, everything was tempting. Maybe next time!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We LOVED our dinner tonight. We were 11 for Dinner. Service was fantastic beginning several weeks ago when I spoke to Meghan to make reservations. Meghan was Kind, accommodating on the phone and was exactly the same in person. Our server was Kasha & she was not only very sweet & funny but also very knowledgeable and offered suggestions to us. We had a ball with her. Restaurant is on the smaller side but felt very intimate. Our food was unbelievable...so delicious. Thanks to all for a lovely dining experience.