“Among the best in St Augustine”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 622 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 113 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate at the Columbia years ago when we visited St Augustine for the first time and it was great. We just ate there again and it hasn't changed. The service is attentive, (but not too much) the sangria made tableside is excellent and the paella is the best that we've had since vacationing on the southern coast of Spain. My wife isn't able to eat shrimp...the manager came out and assured us that they would use clean equipment to prepare our meal. The interior of the restaurant brings you back to Spain....it is a little noisy because of all the tile work, but bearable. Strongly suggest reservations if you are planning to go on a weekend at prime time

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After eating here 4 times in the past and having something WRONG with each experience, my husband and I said, "no more!" Since their Sangria is to die for ( they put a shot of Brandy in it) we sat at the bar and ordered a small pitcher of Sangria with calamari. Both were delicious. Michelle and Donna both took care of us at the bar. Perfect lunch.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation but the hostess was a bit rude when I checked in. We then waited about 25 minutes after our reservation to be seated. I got cocktails at the bar while we waited. I leaned and smiled at the bartender to get her attention. She looked at me and walked by. She attended to some people already seated which was fine. Then I offered the seats I was leaning on to a couple who wanted to eat the bar. She came to welcome them and they were nice enough to say I was there first. She wasn’t very friendly but got my drinks and they were OK. When we were seated our server was sweet. We ordered four tapas which was plenty to share. The food was good and came out in a timely manner. The mussels were really good so was the coca de langosta.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a wonderful dining experience at the Columbia Restaurant. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food was superbly made, and the atmosphere was perfect, I felt like I was in Spain. I can’t say enough about this place. I ordered the Pompano, a fish found in Florida waters, which was cooked to perfection. I definitely recommend dining here on your next visit. We made reservations so we did not have to wait. If you don’t have reservations there will be a wait, but it’s worth it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I wanted to have lunch at the Columbia restaurant in St. Augustine for my birthday. Since it was a Tuesday, we did not rush to get there when it opened for the day, but arrived about 12:30 instead. We had a 45 to 60 minute wait!!!!! You are given a device that signals when it is your turn to be seated, so you can wander a bit. As usual, our meals were very good! I ordered my favorite of 1905 salad and gazpacho and my husband chose a Cuban sandwich and soup. The Cuban bread you are served while you wait for your meal is warm and delicious. I called ahead to find the address for the parking lot that is free for Columbia patrons and am glad I did because it is hidden in the narrow streets near the restaurant. It was a perfect lunch for my celebration!