“Great value Japanese restaurant near St. Augustine”
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Ranked #261 of 616 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 June 2015

For a short detour off I95 , the exit for St Augustine and the outlet malls, and about 4 miles along SR 16 towards the town of St Augustine, this is the best Japanese food we have tasted in ages. And when you add in the very very reasonable cost, it is exceptional.

Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

I've been here twice in the last 2 years and it was great both times! I've eaten sushi in many places and this is one of the best. The restaurant isn't anything fancy but it's clean and the staff is friendly and attentive. For this to be a little sushi place in a strip mall it is very fresh and they have a large variety of rolls to choose from. I tried a roll that was wrapped in cucumber instead of rice and if you like cucumber then it's a must try. Can't wait to return on my next trip to St. Augustine.

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We use wasabi all the time in our office, they deliver to us and the food is excellent..For the price you pay in the high $ Japanese steakhouse, this place you can save and the food is just tasty and great like every body else. Price $-$$, lunch combo is like $6.95-8.95...Located in Publix by SR 16 Mission Trace.

Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

This is a charming' place and the sushi in general is passable. The seafood is fresh. I believe they are not making fresh rice every day. The sushi then has a little pasty consistency. However a number of their rolls are good. Especially the Spicy Girl roll. The Sashimi. has fresh fish but again aged rice. Their Tempura is good and done well.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

We ate here for a change of pace. The food was okay and prices were reasonable. I had the vegetable tempura and my husband had some vegetable sushi. We enjoyed our dinner, it just wasn't a "wow" moment.

1  Thank Cindy T