Entering this hotel was hilarious--it started with the pool as we entered the building. The sign stated, "out of order". Next came the ice machine-- "out of order". Then the elevator--"out of order". Not to be outdone, the computer on the main floor was "out of order". This would be entertaining for anyone to see who wasn't actually staying here. The "free wireless internet" in the room was non existent--I could never sign on because the signal was too low.
Forget the fact that the hotel is NOT in the historic district, unless you want to call the busy highway in front of the hotel "historic". This hotel was a real bummer. The staff seem inexplicably aloof to the fact that I couldn't use the pool, ice machine, computer, internet, or elevator!! And they didn't even have change for a $20 bill. I had to go to the 2 star motel next door to get change.
The beds were decent, older TV's. Bathrooms small and ho-hum. The food was a little less than average in the restaurant. However our waitress was very kind, which is why they'll get two stars instead of the one they so aptly deserved.
I would not recommend this hotel based on my experience. Maybe they've changed some things around recently and improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine