“Great location, thats all”

and 1 more site!
St. Augustine Beach KOA
Bradford, Ontario
“Great location, thats all”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I must say this KOA's location is GREAT!! but I'm affraid that is it. The lake sites are not level however they are paved. When we leveled our RV the right side wheels were off the ground. Sites are VERY close together, the sites are very sandy/dirt and the areas between the sites were not very attractive or clean looking. We have a large 5th wheel and they had trouble fitting us in an approprate site. They told us they were full for the weekend(Easter weekend) and there were many empty sites. The lake water and waters edge was not very attractive. Having said that, there was alot of activity on the lake with water fowl and a blue harin and crains. While walking my dog around the lake, the area around the cabins had been raked and did look tidy. The doggie bins were not emptied very often and did have a stench. The woman in the office didn't know much about the area.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was my first time staying at a KOA campsite and I had a wonderful experience! We booked a late minute "kabin" for what I would call a somewhat steep price. I must admit when I realized that there wasn't bathroom in the cabin I did call and try to cancel. I was told that I would be charged the deposit for the first night and since we were only staying one night, I decided to suck it up and stick to the original plan. When we got to the site we were graciously greeted by a lovely woman named Joyce. She was extremely friendly and helpful with our questions.

I do believe that next time we stay I would prefer to have a cabin with a bathroom in it, just because it does get annoying having to get up and walk to the bathroom every so often. BUT the room was extremely clean and comforting! The bed was comfortable — I wish it could have been a little longer since I'm a little on the taller side. Also, the ac was a lovely addition. We also started a fire and sat outside for a while and it was extremely peaceful and quite! We felt very safe during our stay and will gladly return again in the near future!

Room Tip: I would rather camp in our tent or chose a cabin with a restroom in it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Family vibe atmosphere. Have campsites and cabins. 60 seconds from beach access, less than 5 from old downtown. Run well, clean and friendly staff. Classic video games in game room for all you children of the 80's.
We stayed here every time we came to St. A when we had our camper (we'll get another), can't reccomend enough. Met some guys that turned into great friends, if you go during Thanksgiving, they put on a pretty nice spread for all the guests, too.
A little more expensive that Anastasia State Park, but you get more too.
Also, is next to a strip mall, quieter setting would be nice, but no foul.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We reserved here for a week as part of our vacation this year. This KOA is a nice property, but one can see that it was once not so surrounded by the town. We liked the location but the traffic noise and so on were not for us. That said, it is an ideal location to tour the area, is good value for the money and has a fine set of amenities. We have found the staff to be friendly, helpful and polite. The place is very clean and well looked after. We would certainly recommend this KOA to friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PKinNB
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Just under a mile from the beach, this very quaint KOA offers a great value to guests. When we travel in our RV, I dislike gigantic Rv parks that seem more like mall parking lots. This campground is nothing like that... it is relatively small- each site is nestled within a picturesque canopy and is allotted a very comfortable amount of room. Almost every site has a view of the water, if not directly on the water. (The water, I should note, is a small man-made pond- still very nice to look at with plenty of fish and fowl to watch.) The staff are all very pleasant and accommodating without being obtrusive, and all of the other guests here seem friendly and easy-going.

Closest to the KOA is a main intersection which features a Wendy's, a 24-hour CVS, Dominos Pizza, a general looking sort of pub and a Dollar General Store. A block away is a fAmily-style Italian restaurant which came highly reccomended by KOA staff and smelled very good when i passed. The beach is just a short bike ride away, with plenty of places to grab a bite- I recommend the FA Cafe for atmosphere, value and QUALITY above all else. A 2 mile bikeride back towards town will bring you to another great restaurant, Gypsy Cab Co. There is also a variety if pubs a d shops in that area as well.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with this campground. The location is just fantastic. We would stay longer if it  was a little warmer, and look forward to DEFINITELY coming back for a longer stay in the spring.

• Stayed January 2012