St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Was expecting a touristy zoo, but instead was surprised by many rare species of alligators and crocodiles in enclosures that optimized viewing. Many other types of animals, reptiles, and an amazing bird rookery were also present. You could tell the place was extremely well run and animals were taken care of.

All reviews
in 108 reviews
"pellets"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Alligator Farm and Zoological Park during spring break, so the place was busy, but it did not feel crowded. We reserved our zip line tour two days in advance and am glad we did because the zip line spots were all sold out the day we went to the park.

First, my family reported that the zip lines were great fun. However, there is no guide, so kids are responsible for hooking themselves onto the line. One hook remains tethered at all times, but it would have made me nervous if my child was in the young range. I did see some parents gathered on small platforms helping their younger kids. The teens in my group enjoyed not only zipping but also climbing across rope ladders and climbing up the trees to the next platform. Free park tickets are included with the 90 minute zip package, but those who zipped said they had seen enough of the park from above and weren’t interested in spending too much time there afterwards.

My 15 year old daughter is very cautious and had no interest in zipping, so I stayed on the ground and went through the zoo with her. We caught the alligator feeding, and that was cool. The grounds are lovely, and there were two animal shows. We missed both because we spent over 45 minutes waiting for food at the snack bar twice that day. Most of the combo meals were $9.99, but my daughter and I shared the chicken strip basket and there was plenty of food for both of us. Next time I would probably put my lunch in a backpack or something. The wait got longer as the day progressed. I believe there is only one snack bar.

As a warning, signs throughout the park state that children are not permitted on a parent’s shoulders. The fences are not particularly high, so I was really surprised to see so many people (mainly Dads-sorry) ignore the rule and pop their top heavy toddlers up high. The ponds a full of alligators...just be careful and your toddler will surely enjoy the archeological themed sand box and the playground area and mini rock wall.

All in all, the alligator park was a nice way to spend 1/2 a day when the weather was a bit cool and we were tired of the beach.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a great trip and timing was perfect to see the alligatoes feeding in the swamp - so cool...my kids loved it. Great place for all

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Every time I come to St. Augustine I come to the Alligator Farm Zoological Park. In fact, I come to St. Augustine for that purpose. Amazing place.

1  Thank davekleffman