“Oh so yummy!”

Libby's Thai Bistro
Ranked #208 of 626 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Reviewed 1 April 2017

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant one night when we were frankly headed to a different location. Because there was a wait at the other place and Libby's was almost empty we decided to give it a try. Turns out it was only the second night they were opened. Boy are we glad we stopped in!! It was so good we ate there 3 times in the two weeks, brining other family and friends. It has quickly became one of our go to places after a long day at work.

We've tried every appetizer on the menu and our favorites are the shrimp pot stickers and crab Rangoon. The Tom Kai Gai soup is also delicious. We enjoy it with chicken or shrimp.

The Massaman curry is very good both as short ribs or as one of the curry dishes. We have also tried the pad thai, drunken noodles and several of the fried rice options. We have enjoyed each dish and will continue trying new ones until we find our favorites.

We hope Libby's Thai Bistro will be around for years to come.

2  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Happened upon this recently opened (or just new ownership) Thai restaurant and took a chance. The shrimp pot stickers were excellent, served with a sweet chili sauce. We both had Drunken Noodles, one with chicken and one with tofu. Although only one 'pepper' of hotness on the menu, the noodles had a good kick. Flavorful and filling, I would try them again.

2  Thank 2OnTheRoad2014
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at Libby's three times since they opened last month. I've tried the Pad Thai, the Pad Bamee, and the Pad See Ew. All three were excellent -- as good as I remember eating when I visited Thailand. My friend tried the Mixed Vegetables and Sweet & Sour Chicken, and said both were great! So glad we finally have a good Thai restaurant in town!

1  Thank Kay E
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We are from the UK and visit St Augustine several times a year. This trip we decided to try a few new places instead of our usual favourites. We were driving by the Westgate shopping plaza and saw Libby's was newly opened , so we decided to stop by for dinner. We are so glad we did! The food was absolutely amazing, full of authentic Thai flavour and all cooked freshly to order. We had the sharing platter as an appetiser and everything was delicious.
For entrees we ordered a beef massaman and a yellow chicken curry as these are our favourites at home and we wanted to compare. They came with steamed jasmine rice. We shared the dishes and we both thoroughly enjoyed what we had ordered. We couldn't fault the food.
The tables have linen cloths and napkins, which is a nice change and feels indulgent, (yet that wasn't reflected in the price). Our check was under $50 so great value.
The owner made a point of chatting to us, and she was so enthusiastic and excited to tell us her plans for the place, and for another new restaurant (I think maybe she said on US 1?) She was lovely, and talked to every table during our visit. Although she didn't yet have a liquor license, that didn't bother us, we both had iced water, which was constantly topped up by our lovely, attentive and friendly waiter. He was just perfect - not overbearing and intrusive, but always available.
As we were leaving, the restaurant was filling up nicely, so I think word must be getting around. Sometimes it's just too much effort to go down town, fight the crowds and pay a fortune to park, then wait for a table.
If you get chance give it a try, you won't be disappointed! We are definitely going to make a point of visiting again on our next visit. I just hope that by then, she can fit us in!

3  Thank sparklysister555