“Cheap, clean and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anastasia Inn

Anastasia Inn
Ranked #51 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Bradenton
“Cheap, clean and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Small place which is nice,convient location from everything.bathroom is small and a little out dated but it all works!1st time in St Augustine so when I revisit I would stay somewhere for a different experience but I will stay there again in a heartbeat!
The room was clean. Small parking lot but was not an issue for us.very nice place

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank islandgirl4858
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Moorestown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

So, I wanted to like this place more than I did. It was just ok. It definitely has a motel feel to it, not an "inn" or hotel.

When we first walked into our room it smelled musty but was much improved after we turned on the AC.

The TV only got a few channels, some of them repeats but you really shouldn't be in your room watching TV if you are in St. Augustine.

The free breakfast was fine (coffee, no name cereals, bagels, muffins) but simple things could easily be improved--offering healthier options like skim milk, low fat cream cheese etc. Also, would be nice if coffee or something was available all day.

The guy at the front desk was very nice and very helpful. He got me an extra key, extra towels and an iron/ironing board when I went down to request them.

There is a small pool which was a nice surprise as I didn't realize they had one when I booked it.

The area is fairly dead...really no restaurants etc very close. We walked over the bridge into town but it took about 20 minutes and we are fast walkers...

We didn't get the best sleep...the room was very humid despite having the air on so I was constantly struggling with being chilly, covering up, then get hot, repeat, throughout the night.

Basically, you get what you pay for...so I wasn't expecting much and I didn't get much but it certainly wasn't a terrible experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dana9880
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

What a perfect little place. Nice large two queen bed room with small refrigerator, microwave. Great location, just across the bridge from downtown. Even on Hwy 1, the room is quiet, clean, beds were great and the staff so friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed my stay so much the frist time, decided to stay again at the end of my vacation. So glad I did. I would definitely recommend it. Did I mention the price? Amazing!!

Room Tip: First time I stayed in Rm 102 downstairs and then return trip was Rm 103...perfect!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darlene W
Laboe, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy that we have chosen it! Very kind receptionist, newly renovated rooms, big space in rooms. We have asked for a quiet room (left and right at the building - the right one is near the swimming pool) and were very satisfied. Breakfast is typical American - for take away to the room. Absolutely clean rooms. Hotel is in walking distance to the Historic district - just across the bridge. Hotel was a highlight on our 3-week-roundtrip in Florida and Georgia.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Inge K
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Clean, comfy and good-value motel just over the bridge from St Augustine. Also included a basic breakfast - bagels, muffins, coffee and OJ.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends