“Fabulous every time!”
Review of Inn On Charlotte

Inn On Charlotte
Ranked #4 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn on Charlotte three times and love it every time. My husband actually found it for our first wedding anniversary and chose it over the other bed and breakfasts because of its authenticity, antique furniture, great porch, and traditional Victorian style. We always look forward to staying there be it for the great service, fresh baked goodies, or great rooms. The Inn is conveniently locatedand within walking distance of great food and entertainment. Looking forward to many more stays!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

We love to hear from returning guests, and even more so from someone who's been back so many times! Thank you, for the review and we look forward to seeing again soon. Who knows what antique we might have acquired by then.

Yours, Rod, Rae Ann, Ann and Jerry

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Inn On Charlotte

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have been to at least 5 B&B's in St Augustine & the Inn on Charlotte is BY FAR the BEST!!!! I honestly can't say enough how much I loved it! So clean & beautiful & everyone that works there as well as the owner were so friendly! I personally love B&B's but my husband wasn't completely convinced he liked hotels... that was until we stayed here. The bed was so comfortable I don't think I moved a muscle all night (and I usually toss & turn), the sheets were luxurious. We stayed in Mary Lily's suite & it was gorgeous & cozy. The breakfast was fantastic, my husband was so impressed & he the chef of a fine dining restaurant :)

We had come for the vow renewal ceremony at Ripleys in February & we are dying to come back as soon as possible, I want to try all of the rooms ;) I will never stay anywhere else now that I have found this jewel! Not to mention the perfect location! Smack in the middle of everything!

Sunnie & Tony :)

Room Tip: The Mary Lily is beautiful & cozy :) but they all looked amazing
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Sunnie, for the review. It's always good to hear a B&B conversion story; especially coming from a chef like your husband. That's saying a lot. We remember our conversion to B&Bs as if it were yesterday, all those 20 something years ago. (We wrote about it on our News From The Inn blog last year.) We can't wait to see you again.

Yours, Rod, Rae Ann, Ann and Jerry

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Rodney was greatest. The location can't be beat, the inn was so charming and tastefully done, and the breakfast is worth a thousand words!! I can't thank the whole staff for the hospitality enough. I will definiately return.

• Stayed: April 2012
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Just what an Innkeeper wants to hear. Thank you; and we hope to see you again very soon.

Yours,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We pick this B&B accidentaly, owners are very charming and make us confortable after a long day of driving. Nice to find a quiet place in the city of Saint Augustine which is charming but busy.
Location is great, you could walk easily to all the main interests of the city.
We stayed in the studio on ground floor (I would prefer to stay upstairs with the balcony) but only the studio left, warm atmosphere, jacuzzi and big shower.
I would say it is a little bit expensive for a backyard and parking lot views (should keep all curtains closed all time) and a flat screens would be apreciable.
Nice home made breakfast.
I think this is the perfect stay for a week end, having more time to stay in the parlor or on the porch.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you. We were happy we were able to accommodate you at the last minute, St Augustine is in high-season and fills-up fast on weekends. Luck, that room had recently become available.

Your room, the Tiffany Studio, is one of our most popular rooms with the plush king-size pillow-top bed, and 2-person spa tub... perfect for romantic get-a-ways. (AND!!! This week we added a little elec. fireplace to set the perfect mood.)

We hope you get a chance to visits the US again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My partner and I have stayed in many, many B&B's over the years. Some experiences were good - some not so much so. The Inn on Charlotte, however was perfect from the moment we checked in and each staff member made quite an impression. Anne checked us in upon arrival and was warm, welcoming and made us truly feel at home. Raye Anne served breakfast the next morning and provided directions to the beach. The owners Rodney and Jerry could not be more pleasant and genuine. We stayed in the Anne Marcotte Room which is in the carriage house behind the main building - it was great. A nice, private space where you feel you have your own little hideaway. We had access to the common areas in the main house where complimentary lemonade and iced tea was available. The Inn itself is stunning. In fact as we sat out on the front porch passers by would just stop and take the view in. The location cannot be beat. Smack in the middle of town, right near plenty of restaurants and only a block from the water. Breakfast was spectacular. It has been a few weeks now since our trip and I still think about how delicious the poached pear with almond cream was. We missed breakfast one morning as sleep was more important and I still regret it! We had never been to St Augustine before and quite honestly its worth making the trip just to stay at the Inn on Charlotte. We know where we will be staying next time and are looking forward to it already. I can't understand why this isn't yet the #1 B&B on Trip Advisor in St. Augustine. In my opinion, the Inn on Charlotte is simply top notch - you can't do better and believe me I'm a tough customer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words, I'm confidant this will help other couples choose the inn right for them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours,