“House of Sea and Sun”

Ranked #23 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Mims
“House of Sea and Sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Our visit here was wonderful.
This charming historic Inn was a terrific find.
The Inn-keeper was ill and her friends and staff
did an impressive job of filling in for her. She is obviously well loved.
The staff was warm and friendly, with great tips and good directions
which enhanced our St. Augustine experience. The breakfast served
was delicious and more enjoyable served on the porch with sweeping views
of dune and the ocean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gayle G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I were married at the House of Sea and Sun in April, and our wedding weekend couldn't have been more perfect. We rented the entire bed and breakfast for three nights for our family, and Patty and her staff made us all feel right at home. The house is absolutely charming, and the views of the beach are spectacular. The breakfasts each morning were the best I've had at a bed and breakfast.
The wedding itself was better than I ever imagined, thanks mostly to Rae, the wedding coordinator and officiant. Rae's expert organization skills and fun and helpful attitude made for a beautiful, stress-free wedding experience. Many guests commented that our wedding was the best they had ever attended. The one thing that will forever stand out it my mind is the touching ceremony Rae personalized for us.The food Patty and her staff prepared for our reception was fit for a king and queen.
I would recommend the House of Sea and Sun for a relaxing weekend getaway or a special event. The beach is wonderful, and St. Augustine is full of fun things to do. We plan to celebrate our first anniversary at the House of Sea and Sun and relive the memories of our perfect wedding weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Christy M
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We got married here in May and the only way to describe our wedding is "perfect". If you would like a laid back, family affair look no further. We had 33 guests and everyone was able to enjoy the reception inside the house. I felt like I could just give some of my ideas, color schemes, and preference then Patty, Rae, and Staff just went to town creating our dream ceremony and reception. Our ceremony was on the beach, in between the dunes during sunset. The decorations, the ceremony reading created by Rae was so unique and heartfelt. It was something my husband and I couldn't have created if we had written our own vows! As the bride, I didn't have to lift a finger the whole day, I just had a quick meeting with Rae about my ideas for arch/centerpieces/etc and I spent the whole day with my bridesmaids getting ready in the Los Vientos Room while my groom and his guys got ready in another room. I walked downstairs to head to the beach for our processional and the whole house had transformed into this aqua blue, tropical paradise. It was magical! The location of the house is also very ideal. We would walk to restaurants for lunch and dinner, which was really convenient! I suggest going to Mangos Mangos a block down the street! Best caribbean food! Speaking of food, Patty's breakfast and reception catering was phenomenal!! It's like getting home cooked food for your wedding! I suggest renting our the entire house for a wedding, that's what we did and let our family/wedding party stay there. Can't say more about the house, the staff, the view, the wedding, the location, and the time we had there!! Definantly recommend this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashlyn B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you're looking for a casual, outdoor, beach-party wedding, look no further! The House of Sea & Sun is a perfect venue. Our wedding ceremony and reception on April 14 at the House of Sea & Sun was no cookie-cutter affair, and Patty, Rae and their team exceeded our high expectations.

Patty and her staff were more than accommodating and allowed us to treat the B&B as our home away from home while we were there. Everyone who stayed at the House of Sea & Sun was extremely comfortable. It was an ideal location for our 100 guests at the reception, and Patty's catering was delish! Several people requested her recipe for tropical chicken salad... get it, it's good!

(FYI ... our guests who couldn't fit at the House of Sea & Sun stayed at the Castillo Real, which is a boutique hotel down the road, and was also an ideal location for our guests. Very hospitable staff there too.)

And, Rae, wedding coordinator/officiant extraordinaire, makes sure every detail is handled. She was critical to ensuring everything looked beautiful, and most importantly, she was the most wonderful wedding officiant. That was probably the nicest surprise... I had dozens of my guests tell me that our ceremony was the most meaningful, touching ceremony they've ever seen. Rae's ceremony truly exceeded expectations.

I've worked in public relations for 17 years and have planned huge events on behalf of my clients, so I was confident things were going to go off without a hitch once I started working with Patty and Rae at the House of Sea & Sun. "This is the best wedding we've ever been to!" was a comment I heard repeatedly. If that's what you want your guests to say, then you should consider the House of Sea & Sun.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank khl21
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had our wedding at the House of Sea and Sun in March. It was a wonderful experience from the Wednesday we arrived until the following Thursday when we had to leave. Patty and her staff ensure that the guests staying at the home are well fed with delicious breakfasts and have what they need to enjoy the beach location, whether it be towels or chairs for the beach or a welcoming large porch where guests can gather and enjoy the ambiance. She was also very accommodating to additional wedding guests who weren’t able to stay at the house.

The house is beautiful and each room has its own unique characteristics. The rooms are spacious and are well decorated. The rooms on the ground floor are large enough to add a cot and can accommodate pets.

Rae and Patty did a marvelous job of planning and coordinating our wedding. We are from out of state so much of the planning was done via the phone and the intranet. I had particular ideas about the flowers and Rae exceeded my expectations with beautiful flowers for the wedding on the beach as well as throughout the house. The food was wonderful and the wedding dinner was set up in an intimate setting that worked our marvelously for our group. We had a potential issue with the weather where they could have taken the easy way out and had the wedding inside, but they did partial set up both inside and out which allowed us to have the wedding outside with little delay. The end result was a wonderful ceremony with the most beautiful sunset.

We will never forget the kindness of Patty, Rae and the rest of the staff to make our entire experience a beautiful memory that we will always treasure. As some other reviews have noted, with Patty and team you arrive as guests and leave as friends. We have already made a reservation to return for our first anniversary.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family