“Best Ghost Tour in St Augustine”
Review of GhoSt Augustine

GhoSt Augustine
Ranked #15 of 120 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter real haunted buildings and experience the real thing on our authentic non-theatrical ghost tours and paranormal investigations as well as the Original Haunted Pub Tour of St. Augustine. We offer walking and riding tours. Riding tours go out in our comfortable 14 passenger van "the Shadow Shuttle" or in our creepy haunted Hearse. List of tours: Everdark Express, Dead Walk, Haunted St. Augustine Paranormal Investigation, Total Paranormal St. Augustine, the Pub Hearse Ride, the Original Haunted Pub Tour and ParaForce Investigations. GhoSt Augustine and its team has been featured on several TV shows; among others are My Ghost Story and Americas Most Scary Places. GhoSt Augustine also sells Ghost Hunters Equipment and it was our owner Jonas who saved the famous K2 meter from being taken out of production in 2004 and making it a staple must have piece of gear in every Ghost Hunters bag. GhoSt Augustine has a sister business called Beerhammer's. It is a Beer Gear & Gift store and tickets are sold and start from the store at 162 St. George Street - inside Heritage Walk - downtown historic St. Augustine. Tours also depart from GhoSt Augustine store at 123 St. George St. GhoSt Augustine, was founded in 2001 and is a Better Business Bureau member with A+ rating.
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I have attended several ghost tours in the St Augustine area, this was the best one so far. The guide was knowlegeable about the history. The equipment providied was in great working order. The hearse ride was excellent. the dirver was an excellent guide and very knowlegeable. There was a lot of paranormal activity captured throughout the tour. I highly reccommend this tour for your ghost adventure.

4  Thank joe34746
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

My wife and I took a trip for our Anniversary in November. We had never been to St. Augustine, but wanted to try something different and booked a walking Pub Tour with Ghost Augustine. When we arrived the staff was great and even though we were the only 2 that would be on the 830pm tour, they took us anyway. Our ghost tour guide was great. She told us she lived in Palm Coast and would drive to St. Augustine to give the tours because she loves doing it and it showed. She gave us the history along with stories of the haunts all over St. Augustine. She even took us to the Casablanca which is where we were staying. We stayed out until almost 2 in the morning drinking and laughing and having a great time. It was the most fun we had in St. Augustine, and are now planning another trip for Memorial Day weekend and we are going to book another Pub tour with a couple that is coming with us! Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

1  Thank philburk
Reviewed 6 May 2011

One of my friends and I went on a "girl's weekend" to St. Augustine, and while we were there we did the GhoSt Augustine Pub Tour. It was a Sunday night, and we were the only ones on the tour, so we got our own private ghost tour! Grace was our guide, and she was so personable and friendly- it was such a blast!
The pacing was good (enough time at each stop to grab a drink, hear the history, and finish our drink without having to slam it), we didn't run into other ghost tour groups, and the histories were interesting and intriguing. (Also, several of the pubs offer discounts for you if you're on the tour.)
(Next time we'll bring the boys!)

2  Thank starrybean
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My friend Erin and I had the pleasure of taking the walking Pub Tour which was guided by the fantastic Miss Grace. Lucky for us it was a Sunday night and we were the only ones on the tour. Also- the pubs weren't crazy full of people, which really helped I think. Grace told us all sorts of neat stories and it was def spooky at times. Got lots of activity in Harry's and the Irish pub Meehans was pretty creepy at times too! Everyone else we encountered- bartenders and such- were also great. I cannot wait to go back and will def try to get Grace as a guide. The tour runs late, and is a pub tour, so while I can't imagine someone taking kids with them Im sure it happens and I would suggest you do not do so. Also it's a fair amount of walking- so if you're tired or not up for much walking late at night take the Hearse tour ^_^

Reviewed 2 May 2011

As a horror author and fan, I'm always looking for inspiration. Unfortunately, that usually amounts to second hand information from online research, but not this time. In February I traveled back to my home of Jacksonville, Fl. to visit family and friends. I found the old adage, "absence makes the heart grow fonder," to be more profound than ever before. I now live 3000 miles away from my home and family and I wanted to do something special with my daughter while I was there. While my children were growing up, we actually lived in St. John's County, and spent most of our free time within a stone's throw of St. Augustine. We’ve been to all the usual ”haunts” and wanted to do something a little different. So I did what anyone else in my position would do, I “googled!” My daughter and I are both big horror fans, so what more appropriate pastime could we find in an ancient city, than ghost hunting? Suffice it to say; when I found the St. Augustine “Pub Hearse Ride”, I hit the mother lode.
Our tour began by meeting Tina, our hearse driver and paranormal guide for the evening, in Beerhammer’s on St. George St. She was delightful and an essential element in what I found, an exciting, fascinating, and chilling evening. She equipped the three of us with EMF meters and after some quick instructions on their use and care, we were on our way. Weaving our way through the narrow streets of St. Augustine, patronizing local pubs and disclosing to us legends and tales in a way that only a “local” could, Tina captivated us with the history of St. Augustine and its residents past and eerily present. I was shocked at all the things I didn’t know about this beautiful, fortified city, and was so enthralled with all of the information I was gleaning from Tina, I lost all fear of disembodied spirits, as did my daughter. Conversely, and much to our amusement, her boyfriend had not. We discovered this later while Tina was showing us something she had recently discovered. My daughter’s boyfriend, (who will remain unnamed for my own protection), startled so badly, he almost knocked the camera from my hands.
I won’t go into any details of the evening, as this could potentially spoil the Pub Hearse Ride for potential victims, I mean, clients. And if you want to see what Tina discovered, you’re going to have to book the tour and find out for yourself. Trust me; it’s not something you will soon forget.
I would definitely give this a 5/5 on my “spooky entertainment” meter. So if you’re in St. Augustine, thirst for knowledge and excitement, and have a penchant for the supernatural, this is the evening for you.
And on a personal note, thank you Tina, we had a wonderful time!

Pamela Wilcox-Briar