“Terrible Time Bad Place Poor Management”

The Inn at Little Harbor
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ruskin
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Someone else was paying for my stay and booked this place a couple weeks in advance,
When I attempted to check in, I was told they had no record of the payment. I waited over an hour and called the company that made the booking. They were told that they needed to complete a form for paying for my stay. This is absurd because if they ran the credit card it would have cleared and they would have easily been paid in advance. I was forced to pay for the first night. The document was sent to them later that evening. A few hours later I saw what I believed to be giant cockroaches in the room and asked to be moved to another room. I was moved to upstairs room and needed to carry bags upstairs(no elevator). I ended breaking a toe and went to the hospital. When I told them this, there was no concern or empathy. When I left the next morning, I called the front desk and asked whether they had received the documents and asked them to call me if there was any problem. They didn't do that and locked me out of my room. I've never had such a bad experience in over 40 years of traveling. They never refunded my first night's stay and added another day charge a few days later. I received a copy of the document that were sent to them the first night of my stay. I am consulting an attorney regarding this situation. In addition, I have documents that stated that the charge was approximately $100 for the first night, yet they billed $170 on my credit card and when complained about this they didn't respond. Worst place ever.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wizbang237
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Wizbang237,

We are very sorry for what you encountered during your check-in and during your stay. Please know your comments are being reviewed by the Management team; reach out to our General Manager, Bill Chini at 813-922-6164. We want to have the opportunity to look into the matter and address it accordingly.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We visited on Friday 7th July 2017 for Spa, and Afternoon Tea, with a glass of Presecco; whilst the pool, sauna etc were very enjoyable, afternoon tea was a gourmet delight. I would go so far as to say it was the best afternoon tea we have had.....Well done!! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hi Linda S,

Thank you so much for your recommendation as word of mouth is the key to a successful business. We are very happy you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from beginning to end. Thank you again for your kind words and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Inn at Litter Harbor is an isolated location with only a few dinning opportunities close and basically the light are out at 10 pm. We stayed in a studio unit and the bed was so uncomfortable along with the bed pillows. They need to purchase new mattresses and box springs with other bedding items. The main building has one swimming pool. Majority of the time you could not put your foot into the water because it was so crowded with kids and adults. Not sure the purpose they charged me for towel service for the room, no new towels for a seven day stay! The property and surrounding area is beautiful but so isolated.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club

Hi ljosterhage,

We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please reach out to our General Manager, Bill Chini at 813-922-6164 for more information. We want to have the opportunity to make it right for you and our future guests. Thank you again for your feedback; hope you will give us another opportunity to better host you.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I booked this hotel through Hotels.Com for a special vacation with my grown children. The night before we departed, I called to confirm having the balcony with an ocean view and kitchenette, which was specified in the advertisement and in my confirmation. The hotel, however, said that I was only confirmed for a standard room, which did not come with a kitchenette, and that I would have to pay extra for a room with a kitchenette. Hotels.Com got involved and the hotel worked with them to allow us to move to another room after the first night in a room that didn't have what I thought I'd paid for initially. I'll withhold judgement on the 2nd room, hoping it will not be like the first. The room is not at all what it appears to be online. The dirty bathroom floor, hair behind the toilet, dirt in corners, non-working lamp, warm refrigerator,empty Kleenex container, dirty kitchen table, dirty drapes, and FILTHY patio furniture do not give me ANY hope that our move to the "right" room will be any better. I sent my kids to the grocery store for disinfectant wipes! The "view" is of a concrete wall around the pool. So far, this experience has cost me $410, for 3 nights, which Hotels.Com did help mitigate. However, one more surprise that was NOT posted ANYWHERE: the $40 a day hold on my credit card for what? I don't know! Because they already charged $8 per day for the resort fee. This is the surprise that we got after 8 hours on the road.

Room Tip: Call the hotel before your trip. The advertisement is VERY misleading!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Cynthia S
Bill C, General Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Cynthia S,

I'm sorry to hear you expectations were not met. Also, it sounds like Harborside Suites might have suited you and your family better as those are condo-style units and are a little bigger. There are waterview options there as well. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are coming back and we'll see what we can do for you. billchini@littleharborflorida.com

Bill C

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The website makes the resort seem clean, updated, and in a nice location. All are quite sub-standard. We have traveled a lot and stayed in nicer hotels for a night. The pool closest to our building was closed for nearly two days. They did give us a pass to another pool, much further away. By that time, we as well go to another beach. My next point, the bay where the private beach is, is a very small strip of private beach and the bay is very murky, very murky with a lot of seaweed! If you like clear water, this won't be for you. And we didn't get to swim in a clean pool much because it was closed! Not what we expected, quite a disappointment, certainly would not recommend to anyone we know. The only plus we liked was the ski-do rentals, which is run by a third party vendor. We only got one room key for four of us, no wi-fi, and laundry for our building was outside.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank jordan62017

jordan62017,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry the pool was an issue for you during your stay. The association assured me they were doing everything they could to fix it as soon as possible. I'm sorry you didn't like our beach or our water. If you ever decide to come back , feel free to reach out to me directly. billchini@littleharborflorida.com

Bill C

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruskin
0.4 km away
23.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
27.6 km away
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon

Been to The Inn at Little Harbor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK