All reviewssunset grillprivate beachapollo beachtennis courtsliving roomtampa arealounge chairsspring breaktikiresortpoolsharboursidemanateestownhousestpetersburgunit
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed from April 16-23, 2017 in a room across from the pool. Fishing pier no longer accessible to guests and is fenced off. My husband wasn't happy about that, but was able to fish right off the sea wall and was pretty lucky catching tuna and even hooked a small shark.
Pool was clean and warm, ample tables and chairs and bar maid is Johnny on the spot with food and drinks.
Beach was very dirty. Public beach next to private area but no one regulates who goes in what area. Only about 5 chairs with umbrellas on beach. We went to Costco and bought an umbrella and beach chairs. There was no place in town to purchase those items.
Apollo Beach right up the road and we went there for groceries and dinner.
Our room was on the main level and had an ok view. It was quiet and grounds were kept clean. Rooms were relatively clean but definitely dated. Old shower and tub with loud fan in bathroom. Separate makeup area and ample closet outside of bathroom. Kitchenette had a dorm size fridge, dishwasher, sink, 2 burner electric stove and all kitchen utensils, pots/pans, cutting boards, etc.
Charcoal grills across the parking lot which we used more than one time with picnic tables.
Dining room with table and two chairs and table and two chairs outside room door on patio area.
Maid service was daily but they never made it to our room until 5pm. Normally we were showering from the day activities and getting ready for dinner plans so we just took garbage service and towels. Dishwasher detergent and dish detergent were provided along with coffee packs daily.
Basketball court could use some improvements but it worked a couple nights for our kids.
Our vacation was a last minute, vacation on the cheap. We ate breakfast and lunch at the room and only dinner out.
Price was reasonable for what we got. Don't think we would stay there again as the beaches were much nicer in St Petersburg FL.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela J
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Hi Angela J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback; it gives our future guests a visual of what to expect. We are glad your husband was able to fish right off the sea wall. We are very sorry we did not fully meet your expectations and hope you will give us another opportunity to tell you all the amazing things to do in the area. Thank you again!

Joyce

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had almost 60 rooms at this hotel for a meeting, Justin in group sales was very professional and answered all of our questions and took care of issues that came up during our stay.The location was great for our event and the staff was very friendly and always was there if we needed something!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very thrilled you had a successful event. Please know we have forwarded your positive comments to Justin directly as we are sure it will put a smile on his face so thank you. Come visit us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel rooms and the views were great , the area in Ruskin not so much and the beach is not what looked on the pictures we didn't go to the hotel private beach at all it is a just a bay full of see weeds, but the restaurant was nice the food was ok ,

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Come visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The good: it's a nice location with a nice little private beach with dining and bar onsite.

The bad: VERY run down. As you can see from my pictures, the closet and shower had rusted fixtures. The room smelled and it looked like it needed to be cleaned as there was dirt in the corners.

The WORST part - I had a necklace go missing from my room. When I called the front desk, I had to leave messages for the supervisor to call me and they did not return my call. I was there for a work training and did not have a lot of free time. I had to chase down the staff. According to the housekeeping supervisor - they saw the necklace and left it there on a towel by the sink. When I arrived back there were no towels by the sink. I recalled that when I arrived I had to get a new towel to dry my hands. The towels were by the toilet/a shower. The room did not have a safe. In the end they did little to help and their solution - to file a police report. Beware on leaving your valuables out as the management doesn't take accountability for the people they employ.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank Lucia R
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We had one of the main flor executive suites. While very spacious, it was not as nice as the pictures. The first thing we noticed was a horrible mildewy smell. The bathroom had a huge soaking jetted tub. Normally, that sounds great but there was no shower curtain and you had to stand in the middle of it and hold the sprayer in one hand while washing with the other. All of our feet were black from walking around on the dirty tile floors. The furniture was dirty and disgusting. I had extra sheets delivered to cover up the furniture so we could sit on it. The pull out bed was terrible. One of my kids slept on the couch while the other one put 2 chairs together. The coffee maker looked gross too. The coffee in the lobby had tiny cups and no lids.

The sheets very very clean and soft. The sunsets were pretty. We were going to stay for 4 days but checked out early after finding an amazing place on the Island. I felt like I lost 2 days of my vacation. Right after we checked in, they called to tell us there would be no water the next day from 2/5pm because of nearby construction.

I'm sure not all rooms are like this, but, this was our experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindah95
Joyce L, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Little Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that this experience did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on a great customer experience and are sorry to hear that we fell short during your recent stay. We would love the opportunity to make this right for you, please contact us directly at 813-922-6164 so that we can ensure a future more pleasant experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.