“Quiet and Comfortable Hotel, But Needs Improving”

Super 8 Riviera Beach West Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Riviera Beach
Merrillville, Indiana
“Quiet and Comfortable Hotel, But Needs Improving”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My stay here at Super 8 Riviera Beach was quiet and comfortable. The hotel wasn't packed and there was nobody staying in the room next to me, so it was peaceful. The hotel is located off I-95, but I didn't hear much traffic noise (my room did face the highway). It's about a 10 minute drive on the interstate to the West Palm Beach attractions, so it's a great location. I had a King non-smoking room. The bed and sofa were comfortable. Air/heat worked fine. Everything else in the room worked fine. Micro/Fridge came in handy. TV had plenty of channels, including the Weather Channel. The hotel lobby has an internet computer, a big plus for me since I don't have a laptop.

The reason I'm giving the hotel an average rating is because the rooms are in need of painting, better bed linens (my fitted sheet had a hole in it) and better housekeeping (the bathtub had stains in it that weren't cleaned and the place where you put the carafe on the coffeemaker had coffee stains on it when I first checked in which weren't cleaned during my stay). If these improvements were made, I'd rate the hotel above average.

There's a Denny's adjacent to the hotel and a gas station and mini mart. Burger King is across the street. There are more restaurants heading east on Blue Heron Blvd, as well as on Northlake Blvd, the next exit north of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is my first experience with a Super 8 and I was pleasantly surprised. The sheets were clean, fresh towels and toiletries, and no bugs to speak of. The only gross thing was when I tried to use the coffee maker in the room there were some old moldy coffee filters stuffed in the water reservoir...I guess no one checks in there and no one had used the coffee maker in a long time! If I had never tried to use the coffee maker, I would probably be giving it 5 stars. When I told them about it on check out, they were disgusted and said housekeeping would take care of it. If I am ever in south Florida, I will stay here again. I booked my room online for only $60.00.

Room Tip: I stayed near the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We came from Orlando and wanted to spend the last night of our vacation at a reasonable place not too far from Miami airport and found this motel just off the highway -- we were not disappointed. You do not hear the traffic, reasonable price, complimentary breakfast, but make sure to be there before you pack as just before 10 am it is over. We decided to have breakfast at Denny's which is next door. Book on the web because without reservation it is six dollars more!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
gmriviera, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Riviera Beach West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thank you so much for staying at our property and sending a review. I'm sorry you missed breakfast, the hours are 5am-9am which meets most of our guests needs. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. Thank you again.
Ingelside
Reviewed 9 May 2010

i think this was the best Super 8 Motel i have ever stayed. and Rooms were Nice and CLEAN and looks like recently updated. the bed was very comfortable and internet worked just fine. The staff was very helpful in food recomendation i will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I was going with friend for a dive weekend and the dive shop recommended this place. Since I was carpooling I had no choice. On the phone direct, I got a $116 rate (on the Super 8 site it was $129). George is a nice, friendly guy who it seems is always there.

The price was pretty high for a Super 8 ($130 incl tax) but it was very nice, new-looking, clean and the breakfast was good (fruit, cereal, danish, bagel, toast, coffee and juice).

I would stay there again since it's the cheapest we found in the area, but I found a Camelot Motel nearby that was only $89 a night ($99 with tax) that I'd stay in next time. Their rooms aren't as nice as the Super 8 and no breakfast, but if all you're doing is sleeping who cares. The Camelot also has waterfront rooms ($10 extra), that face the Rivera Marina where I was told Tiger Woods has his boat sometimes.

Stayed March 2008
Best Western Palm Beach Lakes
#10 of 34 in West Palm Beach
2.6 km away
Extended Stay America - West Palm Beach - Northpoint Corporate Park
Extended Stay America - West Pal...
#21 of 34 in West Palm Beach
7.5 km away
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
3.0 km away
SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95
SpringHill Suites West Palm Beac...
#13 of 34 in West Palm Beach
6.0 km away
Hampton Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Hampton Inn Palm Beach Gardens
#1 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens

Been to Super 8 Riviera Beach West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK