All reviews singer island marriott vacation club sunset building ocean front reflections bar master shower bedroom villa daily activities great marriott ocean palms ice cream sundae ocean point water aerobics parking garage west palm beach pool area time share
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Two bedroom units with solid kitchen and living rooms, veranda with good views.
Two pools and a jacuzzi, lots of lounge chairs with umbrellas. On the beach with chairs to use. Dinner specials, happy hour and good drinks.

Room Tip: Front building called sunrise, back called sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank donwinch3
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. We are happy to hear about your #vacationgreatness and appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next stay at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I've been a Destination Points owner for six years and I'm Platinum Elite with Marriott. Definitely more cons than pros this trip which will unfortunately serve as our worst vacation yet with MVC and Marriott overall.

Cons
- Super cold reception at check-in (asked about a late check-out for our last day and my perception was my ownership status was lacking/worthless and not compensated by my Marriott Rewards status - Harbour Lakes offered early check-in and late check-out with a smile no questions asked and thanked me for being an owner and Platinum Elite member)
- Un-engaged staff
- Buttons at pool didn't work to order food/drinks
- 10% off coupon at Reflections wasn't applied even though I showed my card and indicated I was an owner
- Renovations at the hotel itself which I felt weren't advertised (I could have overlooked this)
- Beach staff attendant wearing bandana over his face
- Hotel generator came on numerous times at the kids pool area which was deafening
- Hotel A/C went out on the last night which resulted in a lot of noise to fix it around 10/11 pm
- Kids activities seemed pencil whipped at times with limited enthusiasm from some staff

Pros
- Clean hotel (minus renovation equipment scattered everywhere)
- Four wheeler with trailor on the beach to help haul equipment
- Complimentary beach chairs

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph L

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Oceana Palms, Joseph. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate teams for follow up. We do hope to welcome you back again soon to a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Beautiful area and beautiful uints. Nice big balconies.Although there is construction going on next door we did not find it bothered us. Love the games at the pool - family fued and casino!! The only downside to this place is golf is a long drive away. The bridge for snorkling is awesome - make sure to go at high tide

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank Robyn S

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for your review and for making Marriott Vacation Club your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We booked our room through Interval. Upon check in Melinda at reception was so rude.
We had requested an ocean front away from the construction. She stated that we had not. While she was able to move our room to the other side she made it a point to say that since we were not Marriott Vacation owners that we would not be able to get the best rooms. When we went to the concierge to get a list of restaurants she too was extremely rude and not helpful. Our "free gift" they make a big deal of was one plastic cup with a straw. The room was nice, beach beautiful. Pool too noisy due to the construction. We stayed a the Marriott in Hilton Head and it was so much nicer. I would not recommend this resort since there are so many other options.
We had requested towel service for Tuesday but they never showed up. When I asked to make sure we were not charged, no apology just an ok I will have it removed. Spoke to other patrons on the beach and they experienced the same thing.

Room Tip: Choose the front building away from the construction.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kehill57
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your review and for visiting Oceana Palms. We are sorry to hear your stay was not exceptional and appreciate your feedback. Please know, your comments will be shared with the senior resort management team. We do hope your next stay with Marriott Vacation Club is wonderful and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I cannot remember if we've stayed at the Marriot's but my family and I just return from our last summer vacation and we had a fabulous time despite the construction. The staff were courteous, warm and welcoming. We were greeted by everyone in the lobby, good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Everyone wore a smile. If anything was needed in the villa, it was brought up in less than 30 minutes. The villas was spectacular, clean and everything you need is right there. We traveled alot and this is by far the most rewarding experience we've had. There was so much to do at the resort. You can never get bored. Spend a day at the beach, enjoy volleyball, smores, salsa lessons etc. There was activities everyday to accommodate the entire family. I can write a book about this place. I will definetely return with my family.

Room Tip: north side faces the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for choosing Marriott Vacation Club for your vacation! We are happy you enjoyed your time at the resort and do look forward to seeing you again! #vacationgreatness