All reviews singer island marriott vacation club sunset building ocean front reflections bar master shower water aerobics bedroom villa daily activities great marriott ocean point ocean palms ice cream sundae parking garage pool area west palm beach time share
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We embarked on a family vacation. The property, the rooms and the beach are very nice. Problem is, the hotel is undergoing construction. We had (4) uninvited guests enter our room without authorization. Most having to do with construction. Although we spoke to management, the excuses just didn't add up. I had said I wouldn't write a negative review but after a night of stewing, I feel this is a serious issue. Nobody should ever have access to my room, more so if they even aren't a hotel employee and even more so at 9:30 PM. Please be cautious AND aware of this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank pepsters1
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience during your recent visit to Oceana Palms. We would like to learn more about this and personally respond to your concerns. Please contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 or by email at customer.care@vacationclub.com so that we can assist you.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Wow Marriott never ceases to amaze me with the perfection. There has never been a single speck of dust, a single smudge in any Marriott property I have stayed in. This suite was absolutely 5 star. I give it a 10 out of 10. Unfortunately there is construction going on right next door, but I'm sure if we are bothered by the noise outside they will let us use one of their sister properties which are just a walk down the beach. If you want top of the line, always, always always go Marriott and I have no motive to say that. I just always stay at Marriott because they consistently provide 10/10 accomodations. I love it. We own like 6 marriott weeks and we have never had anything but the best experience in all the Marriott timeshares and hotel rooms.

Room tip: There is construction going on right now right next door, but the room, etc. are the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are always pleased to read about our guest’s #vacationgreatness on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your review and for making us your home away from home!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We had been to the Ocean Pointe 3 times, exchanging our weeks with Interval. We love the area and great shopping and restaurants nearby but you need a car. This was the 1st time to Oceana Palms and it did not disappoint us. We were worried about it being a smaller property than at Ocean Pointe but because it had higher floors you definitely got better views of the beach. We were on the 10th floor and wished we were higher but we were away from the construction and still a nice view of the water. The rooms are modern and clean. We heard people upstairs from us occasionally but pretty quiet for the most part. Since we were staying 2 weeks we got to know the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful except Shawna at the Concierge, who had a bad attitude and all I wanted was some information. I guess because We weren’t going to the timeshare meeting she didn’t feel the need to give me any info. The Welcome package is for the guests who are going to the presentation she told me but Every Marriott I’ve been to they give the Welcome package to all the guests reguardless. Oh well, the other Conceirges were great. We loved the activities around the pool, the staff was excellent. Stephen was a great supervisor and made us great pancakes every Tuesday morning. They have a nice gym but I didn’t understand why the music was set to come on at 8:45am. I’ve never been in a gym they didn’t have some music on and I have been working out in gyms for 40 years. It’s terrible hearing guys grunt or other people’s conversations. Yes, the marketplace was small and the menu at Reflections was limited but reasonable. The food and service was great. They only clean your room if you stay over 10 days, which we thought should be at least weekly but Luta, the housekeeper was excellent. All in all, we were glad we tried something new and would go back.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele S

Vacation villas are the way to travel and not leave the luxuries of home behind! Thank you for your review and for sharing your #vacationgreatness. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This Marriott property was well kept and had a lot to offer, but in the end was nothing extraordinary. I’m not a big fan of Florida beaches as it is and this was no different. The pools were really lovely. The beach left much to be desired - windy, not swim able, super steep water entry. To their credit the beach chair are included but no lifeguard, pretty good hike back to water and toilets. Overall same, consistent Marriott service and resort amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 975zanl

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, Zan! Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your travels. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Yes, there is ongoing construction nearby. Yes, it's noisy. Did that dampen our vacation? No, it didn't. We just completed a week-long Interval exchange at this Marriott Vacation Club and the staff went above and beyond to satisfy guests. There was a continuous array of guest activities for all ages - S'mores, pool party, Movie Night, etc. The variety of Club Thrive fitness offerings was exceptional. Kudos to Bailey and the remainder of the Guest Activities' team. We had a north facing suite on the 18th floor of the second (Sunset) building. Every morning and evening, we sat out on our enormous balcony with an ocean view to the right and the inter-coastal to the left. Another memorable stay at Oceana Palms that keeps us going back.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank dwandererfiles
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Oceana Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your review and do hope to welcome you back soon to a Marriott Vacation Club Resort.