“Wonderful Romantic Getaway”
Review of McFarlin House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quincy
McFarlin House
Ranked #1 of 3 Quincy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked McFarlin House B&B as a weekend getaway to celebrate my husband's birthday. The house is beautifully refurbished, the hosts were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble, and we took advantage of an added dinner on our second night. Quincy does not seem to have many restaurants, so this was a perfect solution. We stayed in the Ribbons and Roses room, which was a real throwback to the Victorian era.

Room Tip: We got a chance to look in most of the other rooms, all were perfectly appointed and unique, I would...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This location worked out much better than I'd even anticipated -- and I only got to take advantage of the "bed" portion of the "B&B." My sister and I stayed here on a congested weekend thanks to a wedding being planned on Homecoming weekend. Hotels were impossible to find and outrageously expensive when you could, so we went the McFarlin House route and shared a king bed on the third floor. It worked out perfectly because other members of the bridal party also happened to have been placed on the same floor, allowing it to feel more like a rented house than a hotel scenario. The room was very nice, the bathroom never struggled with hot water and the third floor was quiet. I wish we'd been able to fit in the "breakfast" side of things, but the wedding had a million brunches planned around it. That said, we appreciated the coffee and snacks and drooled over what we saw on others' plates in the gorgeous dining room. If I need a place near Tallahassee again, I'll definitely book here.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, while lovely, is a hike with bags.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The McFarlin House was just breathtaking! I stayed in the Pink Magnolia Room on 3rd floor and loved it. When I arrived, no other guests were there, so I had the opportunity tour the house and see every guest room. All I can say is "WOW". Such detail. Beautiful décor. Every room a different theme. Such a fun place. And the breakfast each morning was delicious! Richard and Tina really go out of their way to please their guests. Thank you for a wonderful first time stay. I WILL be back.

Room Tip: They are all just wonderful and each one different. Some are more romantic than others, but each ha...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017

The McFarland House is an exception B&B with the owners, Richard and Tina, being wonderful hosts. The room was extremely quiet, quaint, and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious! We would definitely return again when headed into that area. Don't hesitate as you'll love it here!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great place to stay in the Tallahassee area. First time for us here, we have stayed in other B&Bs in the area. We spent one night in the room called Sunny's Charm. We like it because it had a larger bathroom than the other rooms on the 3rd floor (the Coca-Cola floor) where we where staying. Also, the room did not have any windows incase you wanted to sleep in. The other rooms were bright and it would have been harder for me to sleep late. Everything was clean and well taken care of. You can tell that Richard and Tina, the owners, pay attention to the smallest details and care greatly about what they do. The rooms on the second floor were more grand with larger sleeping areas and larger bathrooms. Any room on the second floor would be an excellent choice for a longer stay or a special occasion. Being close to Tallahassee, football weekends book up fast if FSU is playing at home. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are larger than the 3rd floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple