“Wonderful Time”

Fishermen's Village Resort
Ocala, FL
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We exchanged our time share to Fishermens Village and was very glad we did. We have a boat and was able to keep it at the marina. It was great being able to get up and go fishing without having to launch our boat. Having the restaurants and game room on the ground were great. We have a 15yr old daughter who broght a friend and was never concerned with them going out alone, we always say alot of security. The room was okay. The bathroom could have been larger and really needs an update, but other than that I really can't say anything bad. We will diffently be going back in April for snook season!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tamclay
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Thai first
New York
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We go to our Villa every year and love the area. If you love the area beaches, this is the place. We are not far from lovers keys,ft myers, sarasota,boca grande etc.. I make plans every year of what I want to see and never have time for it all . This yr I hope to horseback about 40mins away. Boat rental and tours are on site. Also fishing trips. A nice park makes a great evening walk. I also make sure I visit the Swiss candy shop in town and the town Eagle. The villa is large with balcony. We sit outside every morning and night. Downstairs are great shops and restaurants. The grills are next to the pool. Some evenings the motorcycles can be annoying. We are going again in Dec 2009 and can't wait.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank carelomb
Miami
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I visited this charming little resort for Memorial Day weekend. The amenities were fairly well kept. The service was pleasant and the rooms were clean. Although we only stayed one night, for the size of the room it was fairly inexpensive; about $160. The village is charming, with rooms on top and a variety of small specialty shops on the ground floor.
We ate once at the smugglers’ restaurant, on a table off the waters edge. I had the meat loaf sandwich, which was good for a light meal.
The room was clean, very spacious and had everything that you would expect from a time share villa. Bathroom was clean and big. It is also shared by both rooms, but both doors have locks.
As far as the area goes, I was invited by friends that had a boat and went there to fish. So, this was the ideal place for that sort of thing. They did not rent a slip, it was a bit pricey; about $200 a day. There is an area that you can keep the boat on a trailer. My thing was the beach, I highly recommend going to Boca Grande. You have to pay a toll to get there but very worth it. The beach is very clean and the water is super calm. Also it was not crowed at all.
Overall I think this is a good stay. If you have a group there is plenty of room and the fishing is good.

• Liked — area
  • Disliked — no beach
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank airruiz
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 December 2007

The timeshare villa is BEAUTIFUL. Completely renovated since Hurricane Charley took the roof off the complex a few years ago. Overlooks water, and lots of really awesome boutiques downstairs. You access the unit via a catwalk above the shops.

I took a lot of pictures of the unit. It is painted a pretty yellow "mango" color - very tropical and updated - tastefully decorated. Plenty of room for 6 which the unit occupies. Two full or queen beds in one room, a queen or king in the other room, with one connecting bathroom, which features a separate sink area from the shower/toilet area.

Kitchen fully equipped with all standard amenities and nice decor with an eating bar. Open concept.

There is a loft sitting room upstairs with a skylight above it - has a futon up there. Lanai overlooks the water.

The restaurants/bar look outstanding. The area is near beaches, but not within walking distance. Pool and BBQ area looks updated and clean.

This is a nice little place for a quiet vacation, and near Fort Myers - about 1/2 hour away. It is a little over an hour to Tampa.

• Liked — Near beaches - WARM!
  • Disliked — Need to drive to get places.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Judy C1
Colorado
Reviewed 26 September 2007

My husband, my son, and myself stayed here for a week. It was a time share exchange from a friend. The room and the hotel were very nice. Plenty of room to sleep at least 6 people. The pool was nice too. It was a little loud on Friday and Saturday night from the bar at the end of the hotel. Security for the hotel was very good about keeping the crowd at the bar in check. I would reccomend this hotel. The people that worked there are very friendly and helpful with directions. Sitting out on the balcony at sunset was the best ever! I have never seen a sunset as beautiful as I did when we were there. I would return to this city and hotel!

Stayed June 2007
10.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
10.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte

Been to Fishermen's Village Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK