New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie

SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Shame on Springhill Suites by Marriott, psl FL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hello,

I am writing with great disappointment, with your Hotel & Staff friendliness, helpfulness at Check-in and Cleanliness. Is this property a Marriott trade mark? Are these your standards? Is this Quality Assurance? I stayed on the night of 01/10/12 folio # 86541

I want to advise you of my experience at your location for one night. Before I checked into your facilities I had called to inquire about vacancies, I spoke with "Felipe Munoz"which was cooperative and one worded (short) at first. I explained that our home (myself, husband and two children) was flooded everything ruined and that our insurance company would be calling to reserve and pay for the room. Upon walking into your facilities my initial reaction was (DIRTY) the air smelled of urine and Stael. When we walked to the desk "Felipe" did not greet us nor made us feel welcomed. He had asked my Husband for a Credit Card, my Husband thinking that the insurance company was paying for it, questioned it. He explained that the credit card was for incidentals only, I had asked if he can make the exception due to my family staying for the one night. He stated "No! unfortunately we need it in-case you break something in the room!" WOW!!!! (Is this hospitable?) He rudely cut my Husband off and said "I'm just doing my job" and walked away. When he came back my Husband gave him a credit card and Felipe asked for a local address, never asking for my ID. Which the folio does not have my address and says one guest and clerk:ZZZ. Doesn't the hotel require more information such as accurate address, phone number and or email? Do you also require the correct amount of guest per room to determine an accurate number for breakfast and in case of a fire or emergency? He then gave us the room key (dismissing us), I had to ask "where is the elevator?" "where is the luggage cart?" "what time is breakfast served?" "where is your pool and hours?" "where is the laundry room?" Extremely unprofessional!!! The luggage carts are load and old. I thought for a moment that I was somewhere far away from home in a bad Caribbean Island Resort. I was able to take my children to the pool, it was cold. We did enjoy the Hot Tub for about 40 minutes...

Upon our arrival in the room the foul smell continued, my eldest son lay-ed on the pillow (finally after a long horrifying day) says "Mom look at these pillows". The pillow's all four, were yellow and dingy with lint balls (is this a Marriott?) they had one pillow case over them which for the most part in staying at other hotels, the pillows have one case that zips and another over that one which is open. The paint was faded the ceiling looked like it had been repaired by a Mikey Mouse company or some that didn't know what they were doing and the television was old. (I hope you are able to forward this to Pacific Concord Corp. offices to increase your budget for a complete revamp/renovation) I then put my younger son in the shower and noticed that the towels looked like they had been donated, hard as paper with a funny smell. I went to make coffee and the sink made a screeching noise, the phone by the window did not work. I was trying to request a wake-up call, and quickly changed my mind. Finally, as I made up the pull out bed for myself and Husband I noticed the sheet that visibly had been washed way to many times, with small wholes and lint balls. The Carpet was filthy...What a nightmare on top of the nightmare my family had that day.

I must say the next morning, while walking down the hallway, the Housekeeper was friendly. We were ecstatic to leave, but decided to have breakfast, the older Woman in the dinning area was very pleasant and so was this older man dressed as if he worked in the Engineering department. I must say that it was a SHAME that the only nice part of our stay was the breakfast and your line level employee's making my family feel WELCOMED.

It is unfortunate this could have been revenue for your property for three months.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JMunoz1997
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had a great stopover at this hotel. I was lucky to find this gem by accident. Next time I will go out of my way a bit....and it will be no accident. Lucas at the Front Desk was extremely helpful. Con- 1 elevator and bed a bit hard.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool side if you go to bed before 11 pm.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank c3a3m3
Norcross, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The elevator was slow, there are tube televisions, and not much to do. Convienent location to super play usa but other than that nothing fancy.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank thequeencole

Travellers are raving about these Port Saint Lucie hotels

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Clean hotel. Looked nice from pictures and had a good layout. The room had an odd layout making it tight to get to the closet and bathroom. Our stay was affected by some guests who sat by the pool drinking and talking most of the night. If you are staying on a weekend, recommend you don't have a room overlooking the pool. Breakfast was fine. It is in a very good location for other things like shopping.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on Marriott points. First time in a Springhill Suites. "Suite" is an overly generous description, compared to suites typical of Courtyard and Embassy Suites. A room divided by a half wall (no door inbetween) is a better description. There is a microwave, refrig, and small sink, but no table and chairs for eating in. There are 2 TVs, but if both run at the same time, they compete since there's no door between the 2 areas. Good things about this hotel: location (less than a mile from the Mets spring training stadium, an easy walk to numerous restaurants -- both chain and local, movies, amusement center). It is also convenient to I-95, but far enough from it so noise is not a problem. The hotel is clean, most staff were friendly and helpful. Daily USA Today and local paper, and citrus water in the lobby (all free) were nice touches. Breakfast was good -- liked the real oatmeal (no instant paste in a package) and walnuts, raisins, and fresh fruit. Things that could be improved: TV, microwave, refrig are vintage, but all were in working order. Wish there were a door between the 2 room sections.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family