“Amazing staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Glenville
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The staff at this resort is unbelievable. Both the mini club and the baby club staff were fantastic with my kids. Nick emily and Carl with the trapeze made my 5 yo so comfortable she completely forgot how scared she had been. Fernando is an amazing fitness instructor he made the classes fun and he was incredibly energetic. Brian with the volleyball was a riot. I was surprised that the go's remembered our names concidering how many gm's there were. The food was to die for, defiantly try the chocolate bread!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Christine F,
Thank you for telling us about your stay! We are thrilled to hear that your loved our staff as much as we do. They work hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable vacation. We can’t wait to have you back again soon for more white chocolate bread!

Your Club Med Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Hebrew first
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

What a nice place for families to take kids. Set up like cruising, but adults don't pay for any alcohol (Wahoo!). Nice golfing facility with classes that were awesome. A few too many kids for my husband and me, but they were very well behaved. There were adult only sections for dining and pool which was very nice. Entertainment is limited, but plenty for us as we wanted to golf. Would recommend for families. Younger couples might want more adult entertainment. Beautiful grounds and perfect weather. Would go again. Room was awesome and large.

Room Tip: No complaints. We had second floor basic room that had huge closet area, king bed and balcony. Can...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pam S
Dear Pam S,
We would like to thank you for telling us about your vacation at Club Med Sandpiper Bay! It is wonderful that you loved our golfing classes and adult-only sections. While it seems as though you and your husband are better suited for a couples resort, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay anyway. We hope you will choose Club Med again soon!

Acton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

So my friends and I had an overall excellent time at club med sandpiper. This is my tenth+ time here and it has yet to disappoint. The G.O. team was AMMMAZZZINGGG! We go to give some shout outs to our favorites Dirty Dan from land sports, Marrisa from mini club and Marcus from the bar... Kel was okay too. The facilities were nice and the renovations to the rooms were prime. However, there was room for improvement. First, there NEEDS to be lights on the basketball court!! A lack of lighting left us with nothing to do late at night and forced us to improvise, which is never good. Also, we noticed that the kids from the tennis academy were not so nice, overconfident, and the fact that they could be involved with the other guests was not right. Oh and with the amount that we are paying, GOOD FREE wifi is expected.
Overall, the trip was spectacular! food was great GO's are chill and Lionel and Jeff are very personable and easy to approach. <3

Room Tip: Building B was quite nice. A is good too. Tell your teenagers to go and be social because there are...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrewgellz12
Dear Andrewgellz12,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! It’s awesome that you have visited our resort so many times and that you are never disappointed. We’d also like to thank you for your suggestions regarding the basketball court and WiFi because we value your opinion. We hope that you’ll be back to visit our amazing staff again soon!

MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was our first vacation with our 10 and 8 year old children. My husband and I had been to 5 all-inclusive resorts before we had children - Sandals included. Our experience at Club Med this past week was by far the best all-inclusive yet. From the moment we stepped out of the Escalade that met us at the airport to the (sad) moment we left the staff never stopped to impress us. We were greeted by Eric, Daniel and Rosie. Our arrival date was my daughters birthday and she received a birthday serenade all the way to our room. My daughter immediately fell in love with Rosie and they had a great week together. Rosie spent time with her and they talked to each other about their love of singing and acting. I was a bit nervous about having only 2 options for dining but once again I was blown away. I am not a buffet person but ended up eating at The Marketplace (buffet) usually 3x per day. The selections for lunch and dinner are out of this world. Another plus for me was all the vege options. From the pizza to the stir fry to the salads it was all very impressive & delicious. Our room was outstanding. The kids had their own bedroom and bathroom. Down the hallway from their room was a master bath which leads to a king size bed and a living area. Off of that a deck with a patio set and lounge chairs set up. The cleaning staff was outstanding! Everyday the bed sheets were changed, towels were replaced, the room was swept and mopped. I even called in the evening to see if I could have the sand swept out of the room and within minutes someone was at my front door. I offered to do it myself and even asked if there was an extra broom so I didn't bother them everytime the sand bothered me and the ladies would say "absolutely not, you are on vacation. Call us anytime and we will sweep your room for you whenever you want". The friendliness and professionalism of every single staff member really blew me away. You can tell there is training involved but you can also tell that everyone really cares about you, your children and if you are having a good time. Many, many times in our week there we were greeted by smiling staff members and asked how everything was going for us so far. At lunch one day I ordered a gingerale and our waiter came over to the table after I ordered and he was standing there with another soda watching me drink the first one. When I asked him if I ordered another drink he said that he just poured himself a gingerale and thought it tasted like it was at the end so he poured me a fresh drink and brought it over to me. Impressive!!!!!! This resort is run and operated by a great manager. The employees obviously go through an intense training but they also love the work they do. The Kids Club is just amazing. From sports to arts and crafts to trapeze school and theatre - they have it all! Many, many activities arranged each day for the kids to participate in even outside of the Kids Club. Thank you Lionel for running such an amazing resort. We had a fantastic time and will be back!! The Vittorioso Family- Boston, MA

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room in Unit A.
Dear Christine V,
Thank you for writing such an in-depth review of your vacation with us! We are absolutely thrilled that your stay was unforgettable from beginning to end. It is great that you loved our staff and that your daughter found a friend in Rosie. We can’t wait to have you all back again soon to enjoy some more rest and relaxation!

thaxton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Although the lower level staff were very accommodating, upper management was horrible at resolving issues with cockroaches and ALLIGATORS! I was promised that alligators were not present. However on my way to the calm pool, I encountered a very aggressive alligator. Upper managements only concern was to rudely attempt to quiet me down so that the other guests didn't see it!

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the water seem to have fewer cockroaches and alligators.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank suzanne s
Dear suzanne s,
Thank you for telling us about your experience at Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We are truly sorry that your vacation did not meet our high standards. We pride ourselves on our amazing staff, and we are sorry that we let you down. Please know that we value your insights and we are currently assessing and addressing your concerns regarding the situation you described. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
11.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
13.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart
12.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK