“Worst Hotel Experience Ever”

Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our room was dirty upon arrival. The carpet had a greasy nasty feel to it and there was lint and various debris embedded in the fibers. The furniture looked like no one had cleaned it in ages. Overall the room appeared as if hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a long time. I booked the room with a microwave, but the front desk gave me an attitude and told me "microwaves are in short supply, we'll try to get you one". Wow, unbelievable! It almost took an act of congress to get the microwave that I had confirmed well in advance. Anyway, for 2 of the 4 days we were there, the room was not serviced AT ALL. We had to ask for towels and toilet paper!! On another day, they only took the trash and did nothing else. The front desk didn't seem to care, nor did the manager. They seemed too overwhelmed with other customer complaints. We had to cut our stay short there so we could go to a real hotel. I gave the "service" and "rooms" one star only because zero is not an option.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go elsewhere. Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Trigantua
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Justin Price

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had to start by cleaning the TV cabinet of all the mold on the shelves. We never got enough towels, and the room was so moist (even with the AC on constantly) my towel from 2 days ago did not dry. I felt gross in this place. Spend the extra money and go elsewhere. The cleaning staff blew us off constantly and some days just tossed 2 towels onto the shelf in my 3 person room.

Room Tip: Check the room when you get there and if it's not a dry room ask to move
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve T
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Reviewed 8 August 2017

First to start we should have known there were going to be problems with this hotel because before we check in, we had to call several times to make sure everything was correct. Then when I arrived with my young kids went to our room to find that there were light bulbs burnt out. The Staff was not attentive and there were NEVER any pool towels and the front desk staff were just down right rude about it yelling a kids because they were asking for towels. A couple of days later I was looking for something I had dropped by the bed and moved the mattress to find moldy bed skirt and 2 hypodermic needles under the bed skirt on the box spring. I went down to the front desk they didn't even offer me a new room, instead they tried minimize the situation and tell me that they were diabetic needles, because diabetic people have to or would put there needles on a moldy bed skirt on a box spring. This place is gross the staff should all be removed right up to the GM that hid in her office or left for the day on the middle of a situation like this. On top of all of that one of the other families that we were with found BED BUGS in there room.. I wouldn't let my dog stay at this place. -

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Thetoygirl

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The room was very nice and clean , property is very well-maintained front desk was very good hopeful, the pool was very nice I have to say although I didn't get cups every day and They didn't even leave me an extra roll of toilet paper if I needed it

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us!

I apologize for the lack of supplies and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will address that with housekeeping.

I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay anyway. Please come back anytime and let us show you how we do it the right way!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

On the main strip of Port Saint Lucie, this low-slug Holiday Inn exceeded expectations with a very friendly check-in, a clean and rather nice pool, the usual but solid breakfast, clean rooms and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rnarisetti
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn PORT ST. LUCIE. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to see you soon!

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 7723372200 or angela@360hospitalitygroup.com.

Angela Sanchez

Best Western Port St. Lucie
#6 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
13.7 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
12.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
13.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
12.1 km away
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
9.2 km away
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK