Whispering Pines of Cape San Blas
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$ 209
US$ 194
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 96
MainStaySuites
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 115/night.

Cape San Blas Inn(Port Saint Joe)
US$ 272
Gibson Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 137
Official Hotel
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$ 169
US$ 156
  • Pool
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$ 162
US$ 120
US$ 117
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The cottages (there are 3) are located on the bay side w/ a short walk out onto the bay. There is a wooded boardwalk that goes right out onto the bay. The view of the bay is beautiful--esp in the evening hours. The beach is located across the street--about a 5 minute walk. The street traffic is fast but not super busy. The beach is not accessible by car so forget about bringing umbrellas, toys, etc over there as it would be an exhausting haul on foot (esp in the heat).

The cottages are in need of some repairs--screened porch was not usable since the screens weren't intact and the yellow flies are quite fierce there. The shower knob was broken and difficult to adjust for temperature. The bathtub facet was broken--only shower head worked. The AC filter was filthy but AC did work well in spite of the dirty filter. The carpet is stained and old. The mattresses are in need of replacing. They sag badly and are very uncomfortable. We asked Dave (the owner) to change out the AC filter and fix the screen door. He said that he would but never got around to it in the 5 days that we were there...

They do allow for dogs which was great b/c we were able to bring our dog without a fee. However, they also allow for smoking so keep that in mind if you have allergies or asthma. The cigarette smell wasn't overbearing but was noticeable.

We did had a pleasant time in spite of the needed repairs. The cottage was fairly clean and large for the 2 of us and our dog. It is located in a wooded area and is very quiet and peaceful. The kitchen was simple so if you plan on cooking a lot, you'll need plan accordingly.

We will not be going back and I don't know that I'd recommend it to a friend. If they made some changes and fixed the cottages up, I'd consider it. If you are okay with rustic accommodations and don't mind having to walk to the beach or drive to a public beach, then this will suit you well. If you are expecting a vacation with easy access to the beach, this is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dogintow2010
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We "found" Whispering Pines searching for a cabin to rent on the Panhandle. What luck! Our hosts, Dave and Sue, were oh so helpful, friendly and hospitable. The cabin was, for us, more like a summer cottage. It was clean and roomy; the sunroom and large deck were a bonus. Lots of pines and palms provided privacy and the peace and quiet was great. We loved hearing the birds; the horned owls were a real treat. Access to the Bay and the Gulf were only a short walk away. The beaches are made for long, leisurely walks and, in February, nearly empty. Whispering Pines is pet-friendly as are the local beaches (except the State Park) so we really regret not bringing our dog...fortunately for him, we'll be back to Whispering Pines next year.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tuckersfolks
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I was traveling solo on a spur of the moment getaway. This was in late October, so the weather here was kind of a mixed bag, sometimes torrential rains, and others beautiful with sunny, with mid eighty degree days. Prior to 2005 with Hurricane Dennis and Ivan, Navarre Beach was my playground, but after dumping a bit over a grand for a week in what was essentialy a relief area, I decided to branch out. I had read about Cape San Blas and nearby St. George Island, and wanted to take a look. Both are incredible. With not a high rise condo in sight, and not too many McMansions, the dominating feature of CSB, is it's towering sand dunes. These are like mini mountain ranges of white sand, palmettos, sea oats and other tropical vegetation. After stopping and talking to a few of the local condo pimps, I noticed that supply greatly exceeded demand, and that they preferred zero $$, and wanted to play "hose the tourist", in an off peak month. I chose not to play, and found Whispering Pines just by doing a drive by. It was perfect. Four clean cabins lie behind the owners house, the vegetation is so thick, that you really can not see the other cabins or the house. Each cabin as two bedrooms, a screened in porch, and a deck. This aint the Ritz-Carlton, and some of the furnishings had seen better days, but all I really cared about was cleanliness, privacy and location, at a reasonable price. I expect to pay a beach premium, and was prepared to spend substatially more, but did not need to. Whispering Pines is a bargain, and the owners host a nice coctail hour in the early evenings. Show up if you feel like it, or do your own thing. Very nice classy people (are you reading this, condo pimps?). I highly recommend Whispering Pines, it's your vacation, and I really don't care what you do, but if you enjoy solitude, peace, and the freedom to take a midnight stumble outside to take a leak off the deck (not that I am remotely capable of such), then this is your place!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank SomeWhiteDude
Reviewed 25 July 2006

My mother, 5 yr old daughter , 12 yr old cousin, and myself found this place by accident. Our $234.00/night condo in Panama City was filthy. Had not been cleaned at all. The manager was very unprofessional and rude. So we refused to stay there and ran across Whispering Pines instead. The manager called it a 'Fishing Cabin'. For $94.00/ night and being a 'Fishing Cabin' it was awesome. It was clean! Very secluded. It felt like we were in a rain forest because we were in the woods. We had a blast walking in the bay finding different things in the water. The beach on the Gulf was not far to walk. We chose to drive down to the park and swim in the ocean there. We had a wonderful time. Only one thing we didn't really like, were the mosquitoes. So don't forget your bug spray.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank 1Dene
Reviewed 20 July 2006

In June 2006, my husband, myslef ,my sister and herfiance stayed at whispering pines. The owner ( David) is a bit gruff on the phone, but very easy going and laid back. We were allowed to bring our dogs( at no additional charge) and when we left them on the porch, they put them away for us. The cabin was better than I expected with a deck AND a screened in porch. The cabin was probably 8 feet off the ground so you feel like you are in a tree house. Since it is located on the cape, it was walking distance to the bay. There are 4 cabins, and we never really knew anyone else was there.
I would recommend doing all of your beach going at the national park-- it costs $4, but the water is gorgeous and the beach is nearly deserted. Loved it.
Port St. Joe is maybe 15 minutes away and easy to get a bite to eat or fishing gear.( we caught crabs right out of the gulf at Salinas Park, and shrimp in the little bayous around the Cape)
Overall, we loved our stay and we intend to go back as soon as we can

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Trish L