Lowest prices for your stay
$66
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
Travelocity$66
Vio.com
Orbitz.com$66
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

What can I say but this was an awesome find and we will return! Mike and his wife Dawn are great people , so helpful and friendly! They put their hearts into this little place and it shows! We had everything we needed and we were comfortable! Even nicely brewed coffee in the morning right outside the door. The fridge and microwave also were greatly appreciated in the beds were comfy. Yes the bathrooms are tiny but very clean and since it had a window I thought the lighting was excellent (unlike many hotels). The price of $59 plus tax was right in our budget for a quick getaway weekend. And a big bonus is that cute little place across the street where we went for after dinner drinks and some awesome music played by a live band! We really enjoyed ourselves there and then we walked across the street when we were tired. Like I said when we returned to Port Orange we will stay here again! & new Smyrna is also just down the street!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dawn B, Front Office Manager at Scoot Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome review! Mike and I really appreciate your your time and kind words. We love our little 'Gem' too, and hope that you do come back for a visit!
Til then, enjoy the ride!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Cool place to stay! Mike, the owner, is an ol' skool guy that's laid back and young at heart that treats you like family from the very minute I inquired about a room until the day I left...The room was as clean as any I have ever seen, the bathroom was tiny but spotless, and the towels were nice and soft and oh so clean...The room smelled clean and fresh, not stuffy and stale like other places...The bed was very comfortable, two chairs and table, night stand and dresser... The mini fridge worked well but I couldn't get the big screen tv to work, not a big deal, I don't watch tv any way. I told Mike, he said I was pointing the remote at the wrong spot. I can't wait to stay again if I go down there for the 500 race next time.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank devemitchell
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were looking for a place to stay while we visited a family member who lived nearby. We knew we wouldn't be spending much time in our hotel room, so we really didn't want to throw down a lot for a place to stay. We LOVED this place! Very clean and felt like home. Coffee is served every morning outside.
Pros: Feels like you're staying with family (in a good way!). Mike was great--very friendly and helpful before and during our visit. Very clean! The price is right. The location is also good, if you're not looking to stay on the beach or in the more touristy areas. Hidden Treasures is a fun tiki bar and restaurant across the road--great place for lunch or dinner. Big, flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave are included. Incidentally, the towels were nicer and softer than your average hotel towels.
Cons: This is a renovated '50s (?) era motel. The bathroom (pink and black) is clean but tiny! We couldn't care less, but if you're looking for space, this won't be it. There was a fair amount of road noise in the mornings during 'rush hour.' We bring an air purifier for white noise, so it wasn't really an issue for us. There was only one night where there was some activity outside of our room that we could hear, but it was over by 11:30pm or so. I've heard much louder in the halls of newer/fancier hotels, despite the improved soundproofing. It was also cold during our stay. We always bring extra blankets, so we were fine. I suspect that Mike would have had extra had we needed them.
If your expectations are realistic, you will not be disappointed. We were very happy with our experience at the Scoot Inn!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ufcozzi
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Nicest people own this place and live there
Old Florida with charm and cleanest motel i stayed in in Florida
Really accommodating
Quiet and safe
Nicely located halfway between Daytona and beautiful New Smyrna Beach
Biker friendly - enough parking for a trailer

Going back this December and strongly suggest if you are riding in the area

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PatrickB2287
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We traveled to Port Orange for the VW No Dough weekend. Scoot Inn was the right place to spend the night. Mike and Dawn greeted us when we arrived. Great hosts. We shared great stories and will never forget Mikes "pants" that were made into a pillow:) the rooms were very clean. Thank you both for a great stay.
The ruby red VW bug!

Room tip: #7 has a bit of history
Date of stay: April 2017