“American-Mexican but aren't most places?”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #62 of 225 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall art, hot sauce & life in general.
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

It's about as authentic as Moes or Chipotle but here you have a wide variety of sauces from mild/sweet to HOT HOT to choose from and that's what makes them different. They also serve fish dishes (fish tacos I think) and alcohol. The manager there was very friendly and we appreciated him going out of his way to make sure we were satisfied customers. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Okay, I am a bit prejudiced when it comes to Mexican Food as I lived always in San Diego. However, something in this food makes me ill everytime. Check out other reviews as most people love this place

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My daughter and I like this Mexican (more American Mex), but my wife and other 2 kids hate it. My wife's favorite food is Mexican and she loves other local choices Moe's, Chipotle, Plaza Mexicana, and even Taco Bell. I always get the Taco Meal Deal which includes 2 tacos with choice of meat. The pork was my pick, but they dropped it from the menu last year. My daughter really likes the chicken tacos. One thing that sets this restaurant apart from others like it, is the variety of hot sauces available. If you like spicy sauces, you will probably be happy here. The meals come with warm salty and delicious tortilla chips. One thing I do not like is that the salsa or queso for those chips is not included. If you get a meal ($6.99 or so) add a drink, and salsa, your bill will jump over $11. The service is excellent.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for the first time. There is good sized menu with starters, entres and combos. They have many salsas to choose from to add spice or heat to your selection. We enjoyed the philly cheese steak flautas which came with queso and chips. We added rice, beans and a drink to that. Plenty for two to eat. It was fun to taste the different salsas. Some are very hot. This was a nice change from the usual lunch offerings at other places. We will stop in again. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

My husband and I ate here this week, as most restaurants in Port Charlotte were packed due to an influx of snowbirds... This is my first time at one. The lady taking my order was patient, and helpful- I asked her if the jerk chicken tacos were legit (I am a jerk chicken enthusiast), and she told me I'd probably be disappointed, and to go with the steak. Good call! For a chain, it is pretty awesome- tacos did not disappoint, AND for the hot sauce enthusiast, like me, having that hot sauce bar to try out new flavors was on point! I found a few new ones I will be purchasing at the next PepperFest! Great customer service and phenomenal tacos!