“One unhappy Customer!!!”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I traded my timeshare at a crown resort to go to this facility based on the photos and representation on the RCI.com website......This was clearly false advertising !!! I reserved a studio that slept 4maximum/ 2 private with a full kitchen.. The photos showed a very contemporary room with a jacuzzi bath in the studio....I was give a studio sleeping only 2,, not a full kitchen.. and no jacuzzi! The only positive thing about the room it overlooked a nice garden ares and we sat on the balcony...The room was given a very mediocre renovation..instead of doing it right they were clearly trying to save money...Never going back!!!

Room Tip: look at it before you commit!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Heather W, Owner Care at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Sea Gardens at Pompano Beach. I am sorry if you didn't get the correct unit as we feature two studio units. The standard studio sleeps 2 and a partial kitchen that includes a microwave. The deluxe sleeps 4, includes a full kitchen and offers the Jacuzzi type tubs. I would suggest checking the confirmation to insure your exchange was for a Studio Standard. If it lists deluxe, you may want to contact RCI. Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2017

As an owner of Wyndham I expect a higher level of hotel rooms. Which in most places I have. But NOT here. My room was over a block away from the beach. It didn't even look like it was part of the resort. The room was in the Ocean Palms which was no were near the ocean. My room looked NOTHING like the photos. The counter tops in the kitchen were an old laminate with burnt holes. The shower leaked all over the bathroom because there was no lip for the shower. The chalking didn't match at all and was coming off. There were scuff marks all over the place. It's smelled like housekeeping had rubbed ivory soap all over everything. It's was so strong that it made me sick. The burners on the stove....oh my. You couldn't cook on it because none of them were flat. I called the front desk to let them know that I was checking out very early in the morning. The person at the desk said that I had to check out. When I did, all they did was ask for my disposable key. REALLY? I didn't need to come all the way back the check out. Which by the way is in a separate building a block away. I took photos, so you can see for yourself.

Room Tip: There are several buildings...could be in one that looks nothing like the photos
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Totalvaca
Karen G, Owner Care at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hello,
I apologize for your disappointment with your stay at our Sea Gardens resort. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with feedback so that we can identify how we can improve our guests' vacation experience. We strive to provide our Count on Me service to each and every guest, and we didn't live up to that promise on your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at WVOSocialResponse@wyn.com for assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My mother is an RCI/ Wyndham (timeshare owner) and allowed my wife, two kids and I to stay a week at this location. We stayed in a two bedroom condo on the back side of the resort. We arrived at the resort about 30 minutes before check-in. At first the concierge seemed excited to inform us of all of the possibilities of activities on the grounds but soon the information turned to setting us up with a sales consultant to go over the benefits of ownership. My wife quickly stepped in and let them know we were not interested and how we had been on a flight with a toddler and just wanted to change his diaper. This was the last we heard of a sales pitch. As other reviews have stated the resort is an older resort but still provides many of the necessities for a relaxing week. My family and I only ate out once the entire week with all other meals being eaten in the condo. It was also extremely nice to come home from our vacation with clean clothes as a washer and drier were in the room. The condo needed some TLC but was clean and met the needs of this trip. The beach is across the street and overall was maintained pretty well. There were plenty of activities at the resort for my children and they loved looking for the two iguanas that reside at the resort. Orlando is 3 hours away and Tampa 4 so if you are looking to take your family to either location be prepared for a trek. My family visited Miami Beach and Hollywood beach just to try out other beaches and while there is more hustle and bustle at those locations Pompano Beach is where we preferred to be. It was quiet and relaxing. I would suggest this resort to a family or older individuals as it is a nice retreat to relax and unwind. The resort needs some love and fixing up but overall we had a great week!

Room Tip: Even though we stayed on the backside of the resort we had an ocean view from our room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Oriolesfan
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I booked this hotel on Travelocity, I got there, and was told to wait to check in. It was 5pm, and I had a dive boat leaving at 6pm that I had to be on. I went into this room of games and TV.....(OH MY GOD THEY ARE GOING TO TRY AND SELL ME A TIME SHARE). After 40 minutes, I was checked in, no time share sale....and this room was AMAZING. The staff at the front desk was SO polite, and helpful. I WILL stay here agin when I scuba dive in Pompano....

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Holly S
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed a week in a studio suite, Garden section, using RCI exchanged points. We did have a nice view of the "gardens" from our ground floor room. Nothing extra ordinary about the resort in general. We were disappointed that there was not a ceiling fan in the room. Front desk did not have any boxes fans available either. Fairly nice location on the beach and just a shorter distance walk to our room from the beach. Tiki bar was nice. I liked the option of 3 different pools.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple