“Totally outdated room”
Review of Budget Lodge

Budget Lodge
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I can't believe they still rent out the rooms that look like this. We only stayed there 2 nights and we just needed a place to sleep, otherwise we would have tried to find a different spot.
The room seemed kinda clean, but everything in it needed to be thrown out and replaced by something that's less than 10 years old. AC super loud and moldy inside, fridge was rusty, metal windows that look like they came from an old Detroit factory.

All in all I would never come back or recommend to anyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We booked a “last minute” room at the Budget Lodge in order to attend a funeral. I was a little concerned about the quality of the room based solely on the price. But I have to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised. The lodge is under renovations, and our room was mostly renovated, with a couple more things to work on. The manager told us up front that if the room was not satisfactory, it would be no problem to move us. But everything was great.

We stayed in a 2-double room with 2 adults and 2 kids on the ground level and there was plenty of room for us. The room was very clean and well-maintained. The grounds of the hotel are also very nice, with a palapa on one side of the pool, and another large table with an umbrella on the other side, as well as a grill. There were lots of chairs around the pool area, so plenty of room to spread out. The small market was convenient, and the location was perfect for our needs.

During our stay, we unfortunately experienced a power outage (not the fault of the lodge – a transformer blew). It ended up requiring a bit more work than expected to get the transformer replaced and the outage lasted into the late evening. However, the staff continued to be very present and make sure all guests were okay and had everything they needed, and gave us frequent updates.

One of the great features of this location is that, although it isn’t beach-front, the beach is a very short walk just across the street. We opted to spend some time beachside during the outage and just enjoy the salty sea air (and the full moon, the lighthouse, the random fireworks).

I can’t say enough about how friendly and accommodating the staff was at the Budget Lodge. I don’t know that I’ll be back to the Pompano area anytime in the near future, but if I am, this location will be my first reservation call.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stayed here in February of 2017 for 2 days prior to leaving on a 10 day cruise. We like the Pompano area because its away from the hustle of Fort Lauderdale and is a nice place for evening walks and so on. The pier is a short walk away and there are a few restaurants nearby as well. The beach is a very short walk - just across a small road and you're there.

The motel itself is ok. Its kinda like something you'd see back in the 70's. Office closes at 9, re-opens at 9AM which is fine unless you should need something later - like an extra pillow or more towels. So stock up on that stuff before they close. Our room was ok, not as big as I would like but it served its purpose. The bathroom was recently re-done by the looks of it wand so it was nice. They did an acceptable job cleaning. For one or two days, this place is fine. Anything longer than that and I'd probably stay elsewhere. It was acceptable, lets put it that way. I've stayed in worse places and better places.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Quiet, well positioned motel for our purposes of going north to Boca Eaton & West Palm and South to Fort Lauderdale & Miami.
Even though the Budget Lodge was fully booked for the week we were there, it was never noisy or problematic in any way. Always spaces to park, and handy to access the I95 for getting about.
About a mile or so from Pompano centre, it is handy to restaurants and bars.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I've been traveling back and forth from this area for over five years. The place I used to stay changed owners and turned into a flop house for transients. I ran across Budget Lodge and initially booked because of the location and the price. I was 100% satisfied with everything. This IS NOT a glamorous HOTEL - it's a safe, SUPER, SUPER CLEAN, basic motel right across the street from the beach. It's a family run/owed business and it shows! They take pride in what they have - working constantly around the property - cleaning, gardening, etc. My new vacation destination!

Room Tip: I was on the top floor - quiet as can be!