All reviewsbudget lodgeacross the streetpompano areafort lauderdalegrillbeachocean
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Stay here only if you have to. My wife and I wanted to visit Miami Beach for Art Deco Weekend, but didn't want to stay down there. We also planned on visiting family nearby. Unfortunately, the hotel chains we usually stay in were all booked for thus weekend, so we opted for this budget hotel. To be honest, I was concerned with our safety since there was only a push button lock and a bolt on the inside. There wasn't even a chain or similar device inside. As for the bed, it was comfortable, but there was no blanket-only a cover that seemed more like a drape. The a/c was adequate, but brought in a musty odor. People sitting just outside were smoking, and the smell was brought into our room. Finally, the bathroom had a shower/tub with a good shower head giving a strong spray. There were no complimentary shampoos or anything other than soap. This was a true budget hotel, and I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John A
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Always stay here when in Pompano. Staff is very helpful and notice some renovations going on. I love just going across the street for the beach to jog and having the store located at the hotel is great as well.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank sandiego1965
Reviewed 21 December 2014

I've stayed at the Budget Lodge over several years and it's only gotten better. The family that owns the hotel are so nice, and there are many new renovations. I love being able to get to the beach quickly, and having Klondike bars and extra snacks available on site gives one no reason to leave. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rwflyboy
Reviewed 4 September 2014

I booked thru bookit.com and made a mistake was told I could not cancel but then before we left one of the owners called and said we could still book the rooms at the going rate..him calling personally to give me another chance for two nights sold me so we decided to stay..did not charge my credit card until we checked out..very family run..close to beach..rooms kinda small but cozy..would go back there!

Room Tip: go with 2nd level since pool is close to ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This little hotel merges simplicity with pleasure. During my stay in this hotel I could have the comfort of a pool and a nice barbecue. Also the staff is very polite and helpfull. The market in the hotel can save you in some situations.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business