“Best kept secret.”

MainStay Suites Pensacola
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
“Best kept secret.”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was very Pl eased with this place. I have been renting vacation homes each year until this one and I was very skeptical about it at first until check in. I will be coming back. I saved plenty of money staying at thread location. I recommend this to any one looking to stay 10 from the beach.

• Stayed May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
beloit wisc
Reviewed 7 May 2012

we were guest here Thur and Fri 5-3 and 5-4-12. Check in was quick and efficient and staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean and overall a very good experience. The breakfast was good and there were plenty of options for breakfast there from hot items like french toast, sausage, various danish rolls etc. We used the hotel as a base while we explored the Gulf Islands National Seashore and the State parks. I did think it was somewhat difficult to find at first when you get off the interstate . We will be bak again when we are in the Pensacola area. gary and mary

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Niceville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I needed a place to stay for the night because I didn't want to drive all the way home at night. I am a commuter at the University of West Florida and I had to stay late on Wednesday and then back again the next morning. I needed somewhere to stay that was nice and close to the school. I found this place out from expedia.com and I am very happy I did.

The only thing bad about the hotel is that it is hard to find. I had to call the front desk to get directions for some reason my cell phone's GPS is off a few blocks and says the hotel is in front of some other business.

The hotel is near I-10 and I-110 but I did not hear any highway traffic. The area looks more like condos and so does the rooms. I traveled alone and felt safe. I am a single woman in my 20's and felt comfortable. In the morning they provided me free breakfast, sausage, cereal, waffles, etc. It was great and it was free!

I like the place so much I gave housekeeping a little present, two small bottles of moscota wine. I booked a king studio room which had a full kitchen, fireplace, desk area and couch. Very large for one person. It was almost an apartment/condo.

You will be very happy here and if I have to stay overnight again I will be coming to this hotel. They also offer weekly rates for extended stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Valerie B
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel itself is nice and seems well run. We had a bathtub issue the first night but maintenance was there in under an hour to fix it and we had no further issues. Breakfast was good and plenty of options were available...eggs, biscuits, waffles, juices, muffins,etc. The staff was a bit unfriendly and I felt they were not involved enough in managing the guests. There was a man and his three children in the whirlpool for probably an hour. The child was screaming nonstop for this entire time because he was trying to teach them how to swim...for an hour, right next to the management office. I was shocked that nothing was done to stop an incident that was truly disturbing. On our final of 4 days, there was a block party right outside our room. The kids were literally outside my door, which was only feet from the main office, hooping and hollering until at least 2 am. I know things like this happen, but I feel that its up to management to keep their eyes and ears open for disturbances like this which I felt were glaring. Also, when we needed more towels, we were told that they had no clean towels and we would have to come back in 3 1/2 hours. When we came back, we had to wait several minutes to get a few towels. Overall, though, it was a nice room for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the pool. I think that's why it was so loud, because people sometimes...