“Good value for money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I, and our small dog, were looking for accommodation while travelling from Florida. We came upon this Inn by accident and although it looked dingy from the outside we were quite happy with our room. The room was old but the bedding and towels were clean and the staff at the front desk was VERY helpful. Overall a very comfortable night's sleep and value for money. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MyViews_11
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are constantly making efforts to improve our facility and will always focus on providing a clean and comfortable room for our guests. Whenever your travel plans bring you to our area, we will be very happy to meet your rooming needs and I do hope you will appreciate some of the improvements we are currently making to our rooms.

Warmest regards

Ajit
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I saw the property brochure at the welcome center on I 110 and thought it would be a convenient stop. Although the hotel looks a little old, the staff did a great job. Food in the restaurant was great and a good value. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind comments. My staff and I appreciate your patronage and hope that next time you happen to visit our fine city, you will, once more, choose to stay at our establishment.
Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

There are many rooms and buildings to this motel, and most of the rooms are empty. There is a general feel of griminess and tiredness to all of it that we could see. In the room, the carpet needed a good clean; mirror coming off the wall; bathroom fan and flooring broken and dirty - and everything else consistent with that. But the bed was comfortable! I assume that there are some good rooms - which is why some of the reviews here are okay. But it's clearly a lottery, and most of the buildings look from the outside to be poorly maintained.

As we walked across the parking area to breakfast the next morning, we saw somebody break a window so that they could get into the room next to ours. So we had to fetch the manager & security person and then be questioned by police as we drank our coffee and ate our stale, sickly pastries. The comments of the police weren't encouraging... they gave us to understand that this wasn't unusual, and that the motel had a reputation which I can't specify on this site!

In hotels of any quality, the manager would have offered a refund if your stay was disrupted like this; he just said thanks and didn't inquire whether our rooms were okay, or whether we'd been upset by having someone smash the window next to our own.

This wasn't even a cheap room - there were many other motels/hotels at a lower price. But it was scummy and the experience means we wouldn't touch Days Inn again, unless we know the specific hotel. I know the Pensacola area pretty well and knew this should be a reasonable area to stay in; the motel is the one grimy spot!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to see several rooms first. I expect there are some good ones, too.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wickeddd
Ajit65, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Dear Wickeddd.

I do appreciate you taking time to post your review about your recent stay. I clearly recall the incident you mentioned in your review and do feel that an explanation is needed. The gentleman that broke the window, in a clear moment of madness, was stationed in PNS. He had fallout with a female who had visited him from another State. She was registered to the room and had booked the room through an online agent. This was not someone breaking in to commit a crime and if you recall, you even mentioned to my staff that you had a lot of expensive electronic equipment visible in your vehicle and your vehicle was not even touched. I am very surprised that our police department would give you a negative impression of the hotel since the central police station is less than 15 seconds from our hotel (check it on Map Quest), as it gives a bad impression of Pensacola, not just the hotel. We have almost 40,000 visitors to the hotel each year and I would like to assure you that this incident is an extremely rare occurrence. I would encourage anyone who has concern about this property as a consequence of reading this review to call me at 850-438-4922 or even calling the Pensacola Police Department.

It is unfortunate that you did not find the breakfast to your satisfaction; we do have many options aside from the Danish and muffins, which you were not fond of. There are bagels, croissants, hot waffles, white, wheat and raisin bread, grits, oatmeal, three cereal varieties, and fresh fruit.

In reference to the still images, I do acknowledge that the wallpaper border in the rooms is extremely dated and it has actually been removed from almost 80% of the rooms over the last month and every room is being repainted. We are also putting new bathroom tile in every bathroom. There are almost 100 rooms and the project should be complete by January. I will be posting pictures of the new look very shortly. I would be happy to have to come and stay at the hotel on another visit to Pensacola. The very room you stayed in has the renovations I spoke of and you will be able to see the difference. Call me directly, I will make the arrangements and then you can let “Trip Advisor” users know of the difference.

Kind Regards

Ajit Patel
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed at this Days Inn on our way back from Jacksonville and had a great time. Very helpful staff, good food in the restaurant and a fun little New Orleans style bar below the lobby. Will be sure to tell friends and continue to stay on our monthly trips from Lafayette, LA to Jacksonville,FL. Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

My company Bay Limousine booked this room for me since I was going to be working in Pensacola all weekend. When my manager booked the room he specifically asked the reservation lady if I could check in early since my job was going to be over at 5am and the lady told my boss that it would be fine as long as it would be between 5am-6am and wouldn't cost anything extra. Upon checking out and to my suprise my bill was $101.22 instead of the $63.00 that it was supposed to be. When I asked the front desk lady Rebekka, she told me that I was charged a "early check-in fee" of $35.00 which they never told me about the charges The people were not helpfull my room #264 was extremely run down and outdated and smelled like mold. I will never stay there again and will not recommend this place to any of my client. The only good thing about this place was the bar located downstairs. Everything else was below standarts for me and my company and will be reported to the Better Buisness Bureau. At this price I've could of stayed at the Crowne Plaza or the Marriott.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bigred146
Ajit65, Owner at Days Inn Pensacola - Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Bigred, just FYI, we did speak to the owner of Big Bay Limosine about the confusion with the arrival time. Since our checkin is 3.00pm and you arrived at 4.40AM, (10 hours early), the guest service agent did apply the fee and it really was not hidden, it was explained to you at checkin. Rebecca did note that an early checkin was requested, but she was ABSOLUTELY ADAMANT that no mention was made about the checkin being 4AM, it was implied that the checkin would be a few hours early, and when someone checks in a few hours early, there never is any extra charge. Just so you are aware, we did inform your employer that since this was a misunderstanding, we would WAIVE THE EARLY CHECK IN FEE AND HAVE REMOVED THE CHARGE. Your comments regarding the room condition have been noted, although in discussing the overall stay, your employer, he did indicate that everything else was great and that he would be booking with us again. I am hoping your comments were a knee jerk reaction because, at checkout, we did not get the impression that you were not satisfied with your stay, just that you did not wish to pay for checking in so early. Please call me at 850-438-4922 if you would like to discuss this matter further. I really would like to assure you that we do not bill guests for items (hidden charges) without their full knowledge of all charges.