“Service beyond any”

Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Service beyond any”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The service by everyone on staff here was excellent! There's nothing better than being welcomed and greeted each morning and night. As others have said, the rooms are fine, the pool is nice, the courtyard area is large and several restaurants within walking distance. I will return to this establishment again on any future trips to Pensacola!

Room Tip: I suggest top floor as usually the courtyard floors are very thin. And maybe ask for a view from the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is a nice hotel with a great view of the bay and an excellent selection of restaurants right next door. It has a small but nice pool and a nice patio where it looks like they have a fire pit on cold nights. The room was clean and very spacious, and the front desk personnel could not have been more friendly. This hotel is just minutes away from the historic Pensacola Village and across the street from the must visit McGuires Irish Pub. That said, they do not have free breakfast and I found the hotel to be very noisy. You could hear sneezing and coughing in the rooms next door, doors slamming, and a train early in the morning. Since my room faced the bay side, I also heard a lot of street noise. Have only stayed in two Courtyards, and noise has been a problem in both--maybe it has something to do with how they are built.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Top marks for cleanliness, comfort, and definitely location. Our room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable so we slept peacefully. Restaurants are within walking distance or block or so drive if raining. I liked the choice of restaurants...not all chains we have been to so many times before. Our server in the breakfast cafe was very pleasant and attentive. I usually prefer to stay in hotels that offer a free hot breakfast but the prices here were very reasonable. We will definitely return to this hotel for any business or personal travel that take us into Pensacola.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My stay was salvaged by the manager on duty. I'm not completely soured on the Courtyard brand after dealing with her. First, I had an inordinately long wait (4 check-in's deep) at check in after a 7+ hour drive because there was only one person manning the front desk. It's too bad the 3 hotel employees socializing in the dining room couldn't have been trained to help.

Then I experienced the most horrible mistake I've ever experienced at a hotel. I returned to my room a couple of hours after check-in only to find it was occupied by someone else and my bags were missing! That's a surprise noone wants! I am grateful the person had apparently just stepped out (room was still a bit humid from recent shower!). It saved a great deal of embarrassment for us both! Apparently, I had been given the "wrong" room and my bags were moved to the "right" room while I was gone. The manager, however, understood my vexation and handled the problem professionally and comped me appropriately. I don't know if she was prepared to see me, but surely someone had to go through her or another manager to change my room and bag location in the first place?

The room I ultimately was assigned was decent and clean with a pleasant layout, and I even stayed my second night, as planned. It was missing a channel directory and apparently this Courtyard location doesn't supply body lotion in the bathroom either. The room-darkening drapery is also riddled with pin-sized to eraser-sized holes. Fortunately, they weren't large enough to disturb my sleep, but was distracting enough for me to actually count the holes as if I were counting sheep. I was pleased to find they had all manner of soft and firm standard sized pillows, however, as opposed to those ridiculous square ones found in so many hotels today. All in all, I'd say the hotel is definitely overpriced (at the rate i paid for the second night) and the staff, for the greater part, either need better training or managerial/owner/corporate support. It may be worth a stay due to location, but I'm not convinced I'll return on my next trip to Pensacola.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta Ga
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Location is fantastic, rooms are large and very nice, the lobby is comfortable with sofas and a fireplace, and the staff is friendly. Everything you could ask for in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
0.1 km away
7.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pensacola West-Navy Base
6.5 km away
Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK