“Very good”

Sam’s Seafood & Steaks
Ranked #354 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Sam's Seafood & Steaks is a Pensacola seafood tradition. As the oldest seafood restaurant in the downtown area we are doing something right! Since 1983 the Camariotes family have owned and operated in the same downtown location with only one thing in mind. To bring the freshest Gulf Coast seafood to our customers, complemented with an unforgettable southern casual dining experience. We have a wide variety of menu options from our world famous Gumbo, locally caught seafood, and dry aged hand cut steaks. Try out the Mullet! It's a Pensacola all-time favorite. You can get your fish fried, blackened, grilled, or broiled upon request. We have something to please any pallet. Please be sure visit us soon. Sam's Seafood & Steaks - Pensacola's original seafood restaurant.
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I had been there years ago when it was sams seafood shanty. The place now looks nicer. I had the special of mullet and shrimp,and sides of fries and slaw. Since this was the lunch special it also came with a brownie. The brownie and slaw were absolutely awesome! The shrimp and mullet were cooked just right (over cooked fried food is never good). I will recommend this place.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sam’s Seafood & Steaks

Reviewed 26 April 2017

the catfish dinner, with black-eyed peas, and coleslaw, well was outstanding. also the staff was superb .

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Have been going to Sams for years, they have gone through a renovation. The food is good and quick service. Close to downtown.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I stopped by for lunch recently. It was after their lunch crowd I'm sure because the parking lot is often full when I drive by. They have a simple and basic menu, not too busy. A bit pricey for some items I thought, but they do often have a crowd. I stopped by once about 9 or so years ago and didn't have a good experience as I recall.
They've recently given the place a partial makeover and it's nice inside, though the ceiling and bathroom still need some attention. I digress...
I had the shrimp po-boy and it was edible. The bread was a bit on the dry side and it didn't help that the bread is slightly toasted which made it even more crumbly and falling apart. It came with six medium/large shrimp, lettuce, tomato, pickles and a side of way overcooked fries; the pickles were good. Not sure how this happens, but several of the fries were clumped together. The clumped ones were mostly edible because their large size kept them crispy outside with a tender center. The singles, especially the half broken fries, were as crisp as small croutons and mostly inedible. And there were many of them like this.
Service was fast and friendly. The restaurant was clean and it was an ok lunch. The po-boy at Shrimp Basket is better and even with the additional charge for fires it's still about $2.50 cheaper. They use a bit smaller shrimp, medium/small, but it's always been choc-full when I ordered the po-boy and always very tasty.
Don't be turned away by my 3 stars, that's not bad, not 'very good', but not bad. They do have other good sounding items on their menu, I just wasn't prepared to pay $25-$30 for a lunch item that I wasn't sure would be good. I didn't see any lunch specials, and none were offered when I ordered, maybe they had ended by the time I showed, about 1:40.
It'll probably be another 9 or so years before I stop by again, but mostly because there are way to many options I prefer. Enjoy.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

While visiting Pensacola my husband and I were looking for good local seafood for lunch. After finding that Joe Patties does not cook we saw this place just across the road. The parking lot appeared full so we gave it a chance. The decor is 70's sports bar without the bar. Several tables fill the center floor and wooden booths line the walls. We ordered shrimp po-boys and fries. The condiments offered were tarter or cocktail sauce which seemed strange. I asked for remolaude. Sandwiches consisted of 6 medium shrimp sitting on a grilled hard roll. Lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion slices were served on the side, making this a deconstructed po-boy. Although lightly battered, the shrimp were tough and not well cleaned. The accompanying fresh cut fries were sparse and soggy. The last straw was the waitress referring to us as "Guys". What do you want "Guys" ok "Thanks Guys" etc. Only one of us is a guy. With all the abundant fresh seafood in Pensacola we will search elsewhere.

1  Thank chickadeedd1