“Just as good second time around!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sole Inn and Suites

Sole Inn and Suites
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Pensacola
Milton, Florida
“Just as good second time around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have reviewed Sole before, but I felt like it warranted more feedback after my last stay. Overall my opinion of Sole has not changed, I still feel like Sole is a great place to stay when visiting Downtown Pensacola.
I'll start with the reservation process, it was quick and easy and the person who took my reservation was very friendly and accommodating. When I checked in, I was again greeted warmly and with a superior level of customer service that is, unfortunately, very rare this day and age.
During this stay we opted for the regular King room versus staying in a suite and I must say that I was equally as pleased with the room. While not cavernous the room was spacious enough, nicely decorated, and very clean. Honestly, Sole's housekeeping staff does a tremendous job and everything was spotless. The closet in the room is large and a nice touch, it really saves alot of space which in turn gives the room a larger feel. The bed was extremely comfortable and made for a very restful nights sleep.
The next morning the wife and I went to the lobby for breakfast. We were again greeted warmly by the desk staff and made to feel at home. Breakfast consisted of cereal, pastries, bagels, toast, yogurt, and fresh fruit so there was something there for most tastes and the food was fresh and constantly stocked. Checkout was a breeze, we were again provided with superior customer service and there were no hassles during checkout.
Overall, my experience at Sole was once again a very good one. Yes this property is an older property but has been renovated and modernized and the properly is very well maintained and in immaculate condition. The customer service is second to none and that alone makes the stay worthwhile. I would recommend Sole to anyone and will definitely be making another return trip!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris H
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
I am so happy you came back and had a great stay! It is very important that we have repeat guests at Sole'. It lets us know we did it right the first time. Thank you so very much for the awsome review! Alan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Wanted a quick weekend getaway & got a great rate via resideo.com (cheaper than the hotels own site).

This is obviously an older property, but fixed up nicely & they do a great job.

Evening social hour was very nice, and morning breakfast was decent.

Walking distance to all the great downtown spots (other guests were walking to a concert at the Civic Center) -- felt safe, etc.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
campaholickat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed with a group of friends to enjoy an evening in downtown Pensacola. Some of the reviews had me apprehensive about staying here but we really enjoyed our stay!

They have wonderful "boutique" decor at the front desk & in the rooms (including a 50s style white & silver Christmas Tree). Rooms are clean & decent sized, bathrooms a little small, but I didn't care about that. Toilets are low-flow but again, not a problem.

It was also very easy to navigate to downtown on foot. Location & value are the two high points of staying here.

Room Tip: There's only 3 floors that are easily accessible by elevator or stairs. All rooms are outside fa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank campaholickat
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for staying at Sole' and giving us such a wonderful review! Downtown Pensacola is so much fun and getting better and better. I am so glad you walked around and had such a good time here. Hope to see you back soon! Alan
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We were in town last weekend and stayed at this hotel. I have to admit I always stay at chain hotels so I was a little apprehensive about staying here. I shouldn't have been..I was very impressed. The staff is very friendly. As far as the room size, our room was just as big as chain hotels, I had no issue with that. Very clean and nicely decorated. I am 6' tall and yes the shower head could be a little higher however I managed just fine. That also was a non-issue to me. Great location with lots of places within walking distance..that's something you don't get with chain hotels. Overall, I thought the owner did a great job remodeling an older hotel. We will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy988
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad you took a chance on an independent like me. We try really hard to make our guests fell good about their stay at Sole' . I also appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you again soon! Alan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great location for downtown activities and easy access to the interstate.Staff always had a smile for me and my friends!!! No matter what my question was they were able to help me at any hour of the day.Continenntal breakfast and happy hour was a plus as well.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Arabella6
I am always so happy when one of our guests recognize my staff and how glad they are to answer any questions a guest may have about Sole' and the Pensacola area. I am thankful for the great review and you choosing Sole' . Alan