“Pensacola local couplle” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fishermans Corner
Ranked #8 of 659 Restaurants in Pensacola
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 28
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Pensacola, Florida
“Pensacola local couplle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We have eaten here 2X now in the past few weeks. Under previous owners terrible so we were hesitant. As mentioned on other reviews the staff is overwhelmed but friendly. The seafood is true new Orleans/LA style and excellent. I work in NOLA so I know. We have tried several different items and all have been good. One big bonus is you can bring your own bottle of wine and no corkage fee. I rate this place high for Pensacola since it is not all deep fried food which we all eat too much of, LOL. We will be regulars for sure.

1 Thank expatengineer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Pensacola, Florida
“Best filet mignon & fried green tomatoes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I know this is a seafood place but their filet ranks in the top 3 on my list and I have a long list. Also, the fried green tomatoes appetizer is wonderful. Comes with mozzarella cheese and covered with fresh seafood cooked in a cajun style sauce...just try it! The seafood is not bad either.

Washington DC
“Servers were overwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Sunday brunch on President's Day weekend overwhelmed the place and the service did not respond well. Tables were forgotten, orders messed up, and the lip-glossed glass my father-in-law returned was merely wiped and given back to him. Despite all that the food we got was darn good. I wouldn't mind returning, but at a quieter time.

Bozeman, Montana
“Could Have Passed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Drove to Pensacola from Gulfport looking to kill some time and explore a bit. Drove by it a couple of times until I realized it wasn't on Perdido Key Dr. but under the bridge. Found the Fisherman's Corner on Trip Advisor so I thought's I'd give it a try. Always like trying the local spots/non-commercial restaurants. Got there about 1:00pm and though they were busy, they weren't slammed. The atmosphere oozed chaos; all the wait-staff seemed to be overwhelmed with the people. I sat at a table so close to the next that I felt like I was part of their party. Got a beer quick, but the food took forever to come out. I ordered the Crawfish Po-Boy with Mac & Cheese. It was fair but nothing to write home about. Coleslaw was good. After finishing, took 10 minutes to get a check then another 10 for the waiter to pick it up. I wasn't in a rush, but this place is not conducive for absorbing the atmosphere. Price wasn't bad, but for being ranked as one of the better restaurants in the area, I was disappointed.

Michigan
“Unusual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We called ahead for operating hours. We arrived at 7:30 PM, one hour before closing time at 8:30 PM. Our server was Heather and she was very personable. My partner tried the special of the evening, grilled Drum Fish wtih vegetable of the day and macaroni and cheese. The mac/cheese was very good. I ordered the fish taco but upgraded to Grouper. This inflated my $10 taco to $14. They offer beer and wine, domestic beer was $3.50. I could not find a glass of wine under $8. Immediately after finishing our dinner Heather brought a "to go" iced tea for my partner. The food was acceptable but we probably wouldn't dine again.