“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Madison, WI
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

First, they only have one person working at the desk at all times. The line is rarely ever short, so I waited for at least 45 minutes each time I needed something, even if it was just to pick up my package! Second, I got harassed by two male security guards. They used illegal processes to coerce me to sign a form (after getting in trouble for having alcohol in the room). Any time I questioned the legality of what they were doing, one would begin to yell in my face about how I didn't know Florida law. Never got direct answers from any of them. Third, we never got our room cleaned. We had to request our own towels and toilet paper every day. DO NOT STAY HERE. It is not worth the cheap prices.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the beach side if you must stay here. But still, not worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meghan J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Austin, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Security Guards will rough you up and throw you to the ground without provocation or justification, and the police will not do anything when told about. The hotel will deny, deny, deny. This one security guard has some anger and hostility issues and will someday hurt someone. The hotel will do nothing about any complaints, or at least complaints about any of their staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank parker l

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We paid $2,200 for 10 days with this hotel. Not bad considering location. On our third day we were kicked out bc someone in the next room threw something off the balcony. They didn't listen when 10+ people from other rooms told them it wasnt us. They kicked us out and refused to pay us back for the next 7 days, even tho the next day they re-rented the room. The GM Micheal Greer refuses to speak to ANY customers no matter what the situation. He is "too busy of a man to deal with customers"'. The way I see it is I paid for service and I cannot get any?!? Security is a joke and they need to get their vision checked. The front desk manager is a tool and the rest of them are completely too incompetent to do or help with anything. I suggest that if you don't want to loose over $2,200 like we did, I would find another hotel with friendly staff and better management!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Bernardhamilton
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Booked a condo for 7 nights, we got there and were told we couldn't stay in the condo so were moved into the hotel. Got to the hotel and it took us 2 hours to get everything sorted. I noticed that we had no hot water in our shower on the first day so I complained, I complained everyday for 7 days about the same problem and by the day we left it still had not been fixed. The receptionists and management were extremely rude and the security were idiots. Furthermore, our toilet didn't work correctly and the maid would wake us up at 9am every morning to sign for new towels. The hotel could easily be 100 times better with the beautiful beach just yards away. Don't book this hotel.

(I received no money back or free nights for my problems)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank StephenM1992
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

whatever you do, do not stay at this hotel. While unloading our vehicle just after arriving at 10:30pm a large truck starts to pass the hotel on the main road, as the man notices he slams on his brakes screeching by and literally puts his car in reverse on the main road and comes flying into the parking lot. I had started up the stairs before he pulled in and as I got to the top of the stairs I saw a man drive by holding a beer and then almost driving into one of the hotel rooms and beeping, then backing up into another truck. I hurried into my room hoping he didnt see me and called the front desk thinking they would appreciate my calling them before this man did anything else to any other vehicles in the parking lot or hurt someone. The lady on the phone says thanks and that they will check it out. However, I kept looking out the window to see what would happen and no one ever went out there and as I looked more I saw that this man was now passed out in his vehicle with the door open and one leg in the vehicle and one leg out, slumped over the steering wheel. I called the front desk and was told that nothing happened and they already checked and I actually told me I was making it up. The man on the phone said "if there is no damage to any of the vehicles why does it even matter" but if someone died from this man it would matter, or if someone else's vehicle was hit. The man literally argued with me telling me I was wrong so I called the cops instead. The police did come but even they were rude and talked down to me for whatever reason, even though they also found this man passed out in his vehicle. I dont know what happened with him, if anything, but that night when we were already not feeling safe in this room because of the disrespect and entire situation we then did not have a deadbolt on the door (it had been tore off) and we slept with the table infront of the door. and then the next morning as we were heading out to see our family, we had the door open for no more than 2 minutes to let some air in the room because the air conditioner/fan was broken and a man came walking in our room as if he thought we werent in there and he could help himself to our things. He saw us and turned around just saying "oh sorry".....we shut the door, left a few minutes later, and ended up coming back only a couple hours later and checking out because we just couldnt be comfortable there, even though we had already paid for 3 nights through hotels.com and were not sure we would get our money back. this was the most miserable hotel experience I've ever had, and if you care about your safety....do not stay here!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family